Just got my iPhone 4 do I need an iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ponderous, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Ponderous macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just recently got my first iPhone, the vzw iPhone 4. I must say I'm very impressed over blackberry and android. With all this talk about the new iPad 2 I'm trying to decide. Do I need one? I use my laptop and now this snappy iPhone 4 for all my webbing. Are their uses for the iPad that I'm not considering?

2. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

If you're happy with the laptop and iPhone, you definitely don't need an iPad. Now, whether you'd like it is another matter entirely :) Have you played around with the iPad 2 in an Apple Store? That might give you a better idea...

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I also have an iPhone 4 along with a 17 inch MacBook Pro but I still would like an iPad 2 because 1, I hate watching movies and tv shows on the iPhones tiny screen when I'm traveling and 2, my 17 inch laptop gets a bit cumbersome to lug around. The iPad is the perfect size and weight so I want it.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

If you are 'trying' to decide - you don't need one. Most people get them because they look more expensive and fancier and lighter than even their 17" MBP

5. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Hmm I'm a little opposite. After seeing and playing with the Ipad, I ask myself how come I don't pay any attention to my iPhone 4 anymore?

6. Annerz macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 also as well as my macbook. I just bought the iPad2 and I love it. I wouldn't say you need it, I definitley didn't but it's pretty cool if you have the money for it.

7. Ponderous thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome tips everyone! I knew I joined the best apple forum out there. I'm thinking I will play around with it at the store for a while. Just dropped all the Ching on two iPhone 4s and saved an upgrade for the iPhone 5 when it drops.