Just got my iPhone!! Transferring video?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Aug 29, 2008.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I have some MP4's that I had on my iPod Touch (which I sold!).. but when I try to transfer them to the iPhone, it won't let me drag and drop the file onto the iPhone within iTunes.

Am I missing something? When I try to convert the selection for iPod/iPhone, it tells me its already in the correct format (which I knew)..

Help!!

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Same as for the ipod touch. When the iPhone is connected, click on the video tab and select the videos you want to sync. Make sure the video is in iTunes first by dragging the video into iTunes. There is no such thing as drag n drop with ipods.

[​IMG]

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

You need to convert the video to iPhone format. iTunes or Quicktime Pro will do it for you. The iPods, unless it was a touch, had a different aspect ratio. :apple: All you have to do is Command Click, or right click, the video in iTunes and select convert for iPhone/iPod. Hope this helps!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Thanks for giving us all the serial number to your phone....

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Drag and drop for media requires that the device is set to Manually manage music and videos.

Make sure you're not set to Auto Sync.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Drag and drop within iTunes is a feature of all iPods and iPhones. The software version of the iPhone you're displaying is 1.0 which did not include d&d functionality. It was introduced in a later update.

So long as the Manually manage music and videos checkbox is ticked you can drag and drop media all you like. Note: this does not mean drag and drop within the file browser as the iPhone and iPod touch do not include a disk-mode function but drag the music from the library window in iTunes onto the iPod/iPhone listed in iTunes under "Devices."

I use the manual option on all my iPods, can't stand auto-sync.

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Obviously. Drag n drop in iTunes is not really drag n drop.

PS: That is not my phone nor my serial number. Nice try but its a fail!