Just got my iPod Classic and made a little video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TimJim, Sep 10, 2007.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I went to the Apple store today to pick up a black 80gb ipod classic, but in the store i prefered the silver 80gb much better.
    Also in the store the 80gb i was playing with was super lagy but i trusted apple and bought one anyway and its snappy.

I made a little video of the interface and the video was taken with my iSight on my MBP. With the reports of lag, the most lag i saw was in coverflow when it was somewhat unresponsive, but thats not a big deal to me since im probobly not going to use that feature to much. I had some trouble going through the songs at first but after about 30 minutes of playing with it its much easier.

Heres the video link. (Sorry for the quality and bad lighting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQ2s13X6r4

2. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

the response time on cover flow looks really good.

in contradiction to what ppl on the forum are saying.

3. taphil macrumors regular

How about repeating the same things, but this time while music is playing in the background. I think that's where it lags some.

In the Apple Store, I found that they all lagged and one got stuck after 20 seconds of using it, but my new 160GB doesn't seem so bad.

4. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

again my theory that the Apple Store iPods are just overworked cuz everyone has to be like,

"I HAVE TO PLAY WITH THE NEW IPODS!!!"

or

"I HAVE TO PROVE TO MACFORUMS THAT THEY'RE UNRESPONSIVE!"