Just got my Ipod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by torchflameon, Oct 4, 2010.

1. torchflameon macrumors member

After waiting for almost a month from launch day, I got my iPod a few weeks ago, but I had to wait to open it since it came to my parent's house. I go to college and don't trust anything to be shipped here.

I sold my Ipod touch over the summer in anticipation for this. I've been musicless all summer!

My impression of the 4g ipod touch has been great. I have my whole music collection on here (50 gigs worth). I downloaded some games, and they look AMAZING!

I just wanted to put a good word on the ipod. I know some people got defected ones, and people never write about their good experiences. I haven't used facetime, and some other features. However, I am surprised how thin it is! It feels as light as a deck of cards.

I remember in the 90s that I was toting a big case full of CDs. Boy, how the times change! So glad that I got the 64 gig. I have been handling it like it was a baby though.

The display is great too. I was amazed how different the display looks compared to my previous 1g!

Absolutely love it!

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

3. torchflameon thread starter macrumors member

Nope. I turned on the screen and have it on full brightness.

I was scared that I would have this problem, but so far, so good.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

This is your first Touch? Wow. You have a lot better luck than a lot of other people on this forum....

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats and well done; it is a beautiful device and I hope you really enjoy it. In late 2009, I bought the 3 Generation 64 GB iTouch (although I have been a long time fan of the classic) and love it, too. The 64 GB is really necessary if you have a large music collection.

Cheers and good luck

7. torchflameon thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it has something to do with me waiting for a month by buying through amazon.

Maybe the first batch was bad, and since mine shipped later, it was okay.

I don't know.

Battery life is pretty good. My old 1g would die so quickly if I got on the net.

8. Panther71 macrumors regular

This is my first iPod Touch and I have not experienced any of the problems others have discussed. I have had mine for over two weeks and am very happy with it.

9. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Did you read his posts? He said he had a 1st gen......

10. ramzhh macrumors regular

What FireStart was asking was whether this was his first 4Gen iPod Touch, and not a replacement for a faulty one, which is what some people here at Mac Forums have needed.

Maybe you should learn how to read before you criticize other people's reading. Just sayin'

11. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It just might be the sheer amount of those complaining about light leaks, and overheating, vs. the amount that say they have an excellent one that put me off. I dunno. It just seemed like a large percent of them have problems.
    Like ramzhh said, I was asking whether this is his first 4G Touch, wondering if he had returned for his no-light leak one.

12. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Ah ok sorry :)