Just got my mac, and cant transfer bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scorpia, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Scorpia, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

Scorpia macrumors newbie

Just got my mac today. Atm im having trouble moving my BM's from windows google chrome to osx chrome. I have tried using the export option on windows and saving the file onto my USB, then importing on mac, but the mac can not see the file on the USB.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

fixed: synced it with chrome sync and works fine now.

2. SkippyScud macrumors member

2 options

1) Sync them using Chrome Sync if you use Chrome in OSX as well. chrome://settings/personal

2) From the Wrench icon go to bookmark manager, Organize, then Export. Make sure it is exporting in HTML. Use that on your USB drive and you can open it in any browser of your choice and manually bookmark or import it. Just make sure it is looking for .html and not some other format.

3. Scorpia thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply.
    I have gone on the wrench on my w7 computer, saved the BM's by doing export, they are now on a usb as a html file. How ever when i go onto the mac and go on the wrench and click import, the html file is no where to be seen on the usb. perhaps i need to turn this file type to viewable? i dont know, im new to mac.

4. Scorpia thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive now synced it on both computers and its working now.
    /resolved.

5. SkippyScud macrumors member

Good :) Sync is awesome, it will keep your extensions sync'd as well. So if you go back to your W7 machine after adding one it'll push out to that as well. I use Windows at work and bookmark new pages. Go home to my mac and they are there in my bookmarks. Love it.

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

That's great; Sync also works for other things like applications, themes, history, settings, etc so that's great too.

If you want, get Xmarks. What i do is use Google's Sync for everything except bookmarks so my browsers on each computer stay up to date. Then I use Xmarks to keep every browswer (chrome, canary, firefox, opera on the mac) and (chrome, canary, firefox, opera on the pc) synced all at the same time.