Just got my MacBook last Saturday

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RDM3, Apr 15, 2009.

1. RDM3 macrumors regular

Hey everyone!

I am new here, so first I want ot say hi!

I just picked up my MacBook last Saturday, I had been looking around for a deal, Mac Refurb mainly and I happened to walk in Best Buy, they always have 4-5 returns, well they had a white MacBook 2.1 120gb hd and 1 gb ram, no battery, just the power cord, I paid $550, went to the Apple store and got a battery, paid $116, used my education discount, then upgraded to 4gb ram, paid $45 shipped from Newegg and installed it myself today.

I think I made out pretty well, $711 total, $550 is on my best buy card 18 months same as cash.

Next up at some point upgrade of the HD, whats the max it can handle?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Welcome.

Good deal on the MacBook. You can get up to 500GB hardrives. The only limit is what the drive makers can fit into it. 2.5" SATA 9mm are the specs to look for.

3. RDM3 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I will do that at some point, I will have to check around for a good deal, maybe wait and see if prices drop, I am sure they will

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Congratulations on the the deal!:D As the previous user stated, 500GB is the max you can go with 2.5" drive. Here is the 500GB drive; for $99, it's a steal. Or, if you're looking for 7,200RPM, it's only $40 more.

5. RDM3 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, so I can def go 7200rpm?

Also, how hard is it to enclose the 120gb hd after I replace it, I would like to use is as a portable hd

6. Sparky19 macrumors newbie

congrats on the new macbook! good deal for it too, you can get a 500GB hard drive im thinking of getting one myself soon!

7. RDM3 thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to think it over, I have an external 1TB drive for saving files, so that keeps the internal clear, and if I have to take it with me I have a flashdrive I can save files to or just the internal hd and transfer it to the external later, so if I keep it clean I may not need the 500 gb hd, but who knows we will see.

I wish installing it was as easy as upping the ram!