just got my macbook pro now what!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by finch212, Jul 25, 2007.

1. finch212 macrumors newbie

looks cool no screen problems, this is my first mac and im a bit lost

what programs should i get?

can i get rid of certain programs i don't want to free harddrive space?

can i use windows media player to view in quicktime?

thanks

2. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

now what...... maybe use it as a regular computer?

download a program called flip4mac for your last question.

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I second Flip4Mac and also recommend Perian. WIth these two things you will be able to play almost any video in Quicktime.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

or you can also get VLC which is what i use, i can play pretty much any video file on it, the best media player IMO...if you use messenger alot, ol, msn, yahoo or any of those i d probably recommend you to get Adium or Mercury, you can open all you accounts at once, they are both great, adium has no video support though but i think mercury does. If you like safari then you are set for your browser, if you are not liking it so much try Firefox it"s what i use and I love it. Set up your mail accounts with mail it works great for me even with my hotmail account.
    torrent client..i use azureus but transmission is also a very light and great one. your music what s up with your music? it took me days to gte my music in my comp...anyways have fun, congrat and enjoy your mac.

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I used to use VLC before finding Perian. After Perian I started using Quicktime more but still used VLC for full screen. Quicktime now has full screen, so I have VLC just in case Flip4Mac and Perian can't do the job with Quicktime.

I second the use of Adium. Besides having multiple accounts, it is highly customizable so it will look the way you want it to.

I recommend Firefox as a backup browser for when Safari doesn't work, but not the Firefox Firefox. Use this version called Bon Echo. It is EXACTLY the same as Firefox except it will run a little faster and use less system resources because it has been optimized for the Intel Mac. Download it here.

6. a1dipship macrumors regular

give it back!!! im pee'd with mine.

wifi problems and kernel panics.... gonna go back to my macbook again!!!

:confused: