Just Got My Macbook Pro Squeaky Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brokenlighter, Jan 17, 2008.

1. brokenlighter macrumors member

Hey macrumors. I just got my refurbished MacBook Pro and the spacebar is squeaky, It is driving me crazy. My new $2000+ Laptop has an awful squeak every time I hit the spacebar. What can I do to solve the problem?

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

It will go away after a few days.

Mine did it on and off a couple times the first couple of weeks I had it, but it's been fine now that it's broken in.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I hate the keyboard on the pro, it will not go away ....just wait it gets better...

4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Mine did it for a while as well. Don't worry it goes away. It's just cause it's so new.

5. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Mine went away as well after a while

6. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

dude has a refurbished MBP. What is so new about it? I highly doubt they replaced the keyboard. The MBP have a host of issues that are just waiting to rear thier ugly head. GL

7. aquajet macrumors 68020

My old 12" powerbook had the same problem. Except it didn't start squeeking until it was several months old. And then it just kept getting worse.

If it's bothersome, call Apple and complain. I can understand why it might drive someone up a wall.

8. Klaxons2012 macrumors regular

I have a pet peeve with people who make such accusatory statements without supporting it with fact. Besides the MBP's squeaky keyboard, which has proven to subside with time, what are the other issues "waiting to rear thier (sic) ugly head".

9. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Neither of my MBPs have ever had a keyboard problem.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Refurbs are most of the time models that people returned/exchanged after having them for no longer than a few days. They wouldn't have been broken in yet.

99% of MBPs are fine. Stop making ridiculous statements.

11. gthgrl macrumors newbie

Squeaky Shift Key

I have not experienced the squeak until today, although I have read about it on forums. It is not my space bar, the squeak seems to be isolated to my Shift key at the moment and my MBP is less than I month old.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Spray the whole comp with that stuff!