Just got my MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 226896, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 226896 Guest

Sep 13, 2008
    ...and I bloody love it. Wish I had gotten one sooner, this thing is a beauty.

I already have Adium, any other software which is a must have on a Mac? I could do with some software that allows the machine to say awake when the lid closes, if such a thing exists.
  2. Doju macrumors 68000

Jun 16, 2008
    Insomniac does that.

Other than that, there's no really other needed software. Explore. ;)

Welcome to the world of reliability, friend.
  3. 226896 thread starter Guest

Sep 13, 2008
    Thanks, I'll have a look into Insomniac then :p

And thank you for the welcome too :D
  4. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Congrats. I got mine about a couple of weeks ago and I am loving mine :)

I rarely use it though since I have my main desktop computer but I do use it while im in bed surfing the web... like I am now :)

Gotta love having a Desktop and a notebook :)
  5. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Mar 4, 2007
    Congratulations on your new machine, you will love it. It is a stunning thing of beauty.
  6. 226896 thread starter Guest

Sep 13, 2008
    This is going to sound so fanboyish... but wow, in only half a day of owning my MacBook, I can't imagine going back to my old laptop. I had a Sony Vaio and after owning a MacBook, the Vaio feels plasticy, cheap and just a mess. I can't wait to carry on using my Mac and learning all about OS X and perhaps try to develop a few iPhone apps ;). I'm in no way a Windows hater, but Apple really have impressed me once again.

Thanks for the welcome guys, it feels great to finally own a Mac.
  7. IonClash macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2009
    My refurbished Macbook Aluminum came last Wednesday, shortly after the logic board died on my 17" Powerbook G4. This little machine is fantastic. No blemishes, no problems whatsoever, and I bloody love mine too!
  8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

Oct 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
  9. andalusia macrumors 68030

Apr 10, 2009
    Manchester, UK
    I bought my new Whitebook on Monday, basic spec, gonna upgrade it when I earn some money. So so happy with my machine, you wouldn't believe. I'm not a Mac newbie, but I did check around teh web looking for apps I may want/need and I found an awesome website, with a ton of Apps which I downloaded. Take a look.
    Top 100 Mac Apps
  10. SloopJohnB macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    Where can I find this Insomniac application?? I´ve googled it but can´t seem to find it. How does it work exactly?
  11. kenned macrumors member

May 16, 2008
  12. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2009
  13. zer0tails macrumors 65816

Mar 23, 2008
    ^^ congrats on the new whitebook. It's an amazing machine :D
  14. Sparky19 macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2009
    congrats on the new macbook!

some of the apps i would use a lot would be caffine, pathfinder, papers, onyx, tinkertool and combine PDFs, you could check out the recommended apps thread for more ideas
  15. Spares macrumors member

Feb 16, 2009
    just learned about this but when you download adium it gets you to install growl, check out the extras folder, there is growl tunes, and growl mail amungst a few other buts these are definately useful. iStat menus is also good for temp monitoring
  16. mac88 macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2008
    Boston, MA.
    Great purchase and I am glad you are enjoying it!