Just got my MBP 13... A few Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jfriedman8, Jul 10, 2009.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

I just got my base MBP 13 today. Shipped from PA, oddly. I guess since it wasn't a CTO it just came from a warehouse. Only took a 2 days to get with regular shipping. So far so good. No dings, scratches or dents...

Now for a few questions:
    Battery Calibration: I have been using it all night right out of the box on battery power only. I am going to let it go to sleep then leave it like that for about 4/5 hours. I am then going to let it charge up fully and let it sit for another 2/3 hours after it is fully charged before powering back up. Is that all right for these new batteries? Also, this is a dumb question, but the battery's memory chip remembers being calibrated when I put a new HD in right?

Optibay: I am planning on having around 750-1TB of storage on here. One for OS X and one for Windows... I am generally very good with hardware ect, but is there anything I need to be aware of when swapping out the optical drive?

Secondly.... with the optibay, they offer a 2x2GB set of RAM for only $50. I usually trust OWC for my RAM needs, but that is a pretty good deal (From MCE, the place to get the optibay from. Its $15 more at OWC but I need some MP memory so I dunno where to order from yet.) Anyone ever bought ram from MCE before?

I am currently loving my new set up! I have allowed for sharing/access to my MacPro with my MBP 13 and HP HDX and using the MP as my router now too.

2. celticpride678

Battery: That is what needs to be done.

Swapping Drives: Be very careful not to brake anything. It is simple other than that

OWC is a very good company for RAM and I currently have their RAM installed.

Congrats on your new purchase