Just got my MBP, but CoconutBattery says Age is 8 weeks!??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DocDoom, Jul 31, 2010.

1. DocDoom macrumors regular

Ok, so i just got my macbook pro 13 inch (amazing machine btw). Now, i installed coconutbattery, and it says the age of my macbook pro is 8 weeks old, and that it has 10 battery load cycles. Is this normal? It hasnt even been a full day since i have gotten it.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's definitely possible that it was manufactured 8 weeks ago.

However, it usually comes with only 1-3 cycles. If the machine looks new (and you got it from Apple directly), odds it's a new machines.

3. TaylorJ macrumors regular

Mine had 0 cycles but the age was 3 months. Is that odd?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No. So you battery wasn't tested.

5. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

I actually got it from Amazon. It seemed that it was new. Everything was completely sealed. Hmmm...it all seems kinda weird.

6. BudgetBaby macrumors member

From Amazon or from someone that advertises on Amazon?

7. autacraft Guest

Ha! Lucky you!

When I got mine a couple of months ago, I installed coconutbattery, I had three or four load cycles - common for testing, but the age of my macbook? 104 months!

That would put my machine at over 8 years old!....hmmmmm, possibly back before the thing had even been conceived in the mind!

I wouldnt read too much into this sort of thing in all honesty, if your machine flys and has no marks, who cares! If aging parts etc are detrimental to the machine and effects performance, tell apple and theyll replace

otherwise, just enjoy!

8. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I just received my 15" Macbook Pro yesterday afternoon (direct from Apple online store). It says my battery is four weeks old.

9. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

Got mine last week. Cocunut show it as a 4month old laptop with 0 cycles.

getting decent battery life so far with alot of usage. i've done 7 charge cycles already- and the battery power is increasing every charge :D

10. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

Got my i7 17" 3 weeks ago and CoconutBattery said it was 104 months old just like the post by anotha user in this thread. The coconut ain't so clever hah!

11. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

There should be a CoconutBattery sticky so that these threads don't come up every two hours.

12. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

I wouldnt worry about it too much, i bought mine directly from a UK Apple Store on the 1st of july, apparently it was manufactured way back in May ;)