Just got my MBP! Im very excite!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ChaePod, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ChaePod macrumors newbie

Hey guys!
    i posted here a few days ago saying that i ordered my mbp.
    Well.. its here! This is officially the first website i came onto from my MBP. (actually safari loaded the apple page.. but w/e)
    Just realised there's an built in spell check O.O sweet!!

anyway i ordered a refurb 2.2ghz MBP, but i was very surprised when i opened the cardboard box to find inside the sexy macbook pro case from the stores O.O!!! i guess they had to get rid of these for the new multi-touch models. VERY AWESOME. the tape was a new one cos they didn't slip in a leopard cd. It was already installed. :D

So far my mac experience has been SWEET ( i thought i should say this cos there are so many complaint threads compared to the number of happy threads)

I do have 1 question though. Should i reinstall Leopard with the cds that came with? or should i not.. i was thinking i should so that i dont install all the languages and the drivers however, i realised that iLife might disappear... will iLife still be on if i reinstall leopard o_O?

quick reply please.. i will be playing around XD

thanks guys.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If you want the extra few GB's, then now is the time to do it. I did it after first making sure my MBP worked. You don't want to get too attached and setup a bunch of things. Reinstall now!

3. zaney macrumors regular

If it came with two grey DVDs, iLife should be an option in the installer, if it came with one black one with an X, its just Leopard.
    It should come with the two, in which case you're good to go. It's always good to have a fresh install, good luck!