Just got my MBP replaced with Corsair SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airlied, Nov 10, 2011.

1. airlied, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011

airlied macrumors regular

airlied

Hey guys,

I just received the SSD i ordered online
    It's Corsair Force 3 series, I know its not top-end one like Crucial M4 or Intel series, but Im happy with the performance.

Its really fast only takes about 16 seconds to boot up, open microsoft word, outlook, ppt and excel all at one time within 1 sec.

I don't know if the performance of this model of SSD will be decreased over time, but its better than HDD anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

Very nice. I am planning on getting one myself I am waiting for the price to drop a bit.

3. lc25 macrumors 6502

Nice one SSD's are ace, try smaller pics next time though ^^

4. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

I have lightning fast internet and it took some time to load your images. :eek:

5. igouroum macrumors newbie

6. dylan.shenton macrumors newbie

Hi, just wondering how stable your system is on a corsair drive? I'm going to be buying a Corsair Force GT within the next few weeks and would just like to know how a similar corsair drive's been for you. Is the firmware easy to update, would I have to use my windows 7 bootcamp to update it?

7. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I put a Samsung 256GB SSD in my 15" 2010 i7. It spoils you quick. Within 2 weeks I had purchased 5 more drives to put into other systems in the house. There's now only one machine in our house with a mechanical drive in it and that's just because it's going away soon and not worth the upgrade. ;)

8. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Your pictures are a bit small, could you maybe make them bigger?

9. airlied thread starter macrumors regular

airlied

hi, this SSD is pretty stable with my mbp:), no any issues so far, its bloody fast and stable, no freezes, no lag.

But you have to have a windows pc to upgrade the firmware, corsair didn't develop the firmware update tools for mac. I upgraded my firmware on my thinkpad, I donno if it is ok to use bootcamp windows to do it. coz not sure about if the upgrading will be related with the BIOS

----------

sorry mate its the first time i post the topic not very clear how to resize the pics.