Just got my MicroSim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StevieP, Jun 19, 2010.

1. StevieP macrumors newbie

Popped into my local o2 store on the off chance that they may have some, had them in stock, picked one up FOC, just need to get it swapped over now :D

2. upthespurs macrumors member

Good for you. I spent this morning trying to get one from orange France and was told to wait until the 24th when I can pick one up from the store, quite how orange expect me to wait at home for my iPhone 4 and come to the store to battle through the queues I don't know. Pathetic.

3. mattyboy7110 macrumors member

My O2 store were well arsey. You cant have one until Thursday, even though they have them. I pointed out their website said I could have it Monday so then it changed to you can have it Monday then.

Why, if they have them can't they just give me one? They have no clue either how it works as they wanted my old one. Even when I told them how it was going to work they still wouldn't give it to me!

I've spent so much money in that store, and they know it! Not any more!

4. StevieP thread starter macrumors newbie

When I spoke to o2 yesterday I was told I wouldnt be able to pick one up in store until the 24th. I have pre registered on the o2 site and I was told they are sending out MicroSims for delivery on the 21st / 22nd, but they didnt think they had enough :(

I just need to try and get the thing connected now.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I think the store ones are Pay Monthly. Not sure what they've done, but they're not usable as PAYG ones.

6. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Same here :)

[​IMG]

7. mattyboy7110 macrumors member

I did wonder if an ipad micro sim would do but looking at that, it looks like it's from a different batch so would probably confuse someone somewhere and end in tears!

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

What?

9. StevieP thread starter macrumors newbie

I was asked if it was for an iPhone or iPad as they had both in stock, so they must be different. The guy in my local store seemed to know all about it, although he told me to contact o2 by phone, having just called them I have to do the change online. Going to take up to 48 hours :(

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I don't see how they're that different, from my own self, since I'm using an iPad SIM right now.

11. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That's good that your carrier had them in stock. I have to wait till the phone comes in to get mine.

12. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Just did mine online, took 3 mins before the new microsim became active!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just did the other halfs and it was basically instant

13. StevieP thread starter macrumors newbie

Your right, mine only took a few minutes too, good to get it sorted out early. Just need to wait for my new iPhone, lets hope it comes a day early like my iPad :D

14. gc76 macrumors newbie

Whats the situation with the PAYG micro sims?

I phoned O2 to see about cancelling my current iPhone 3GS contract and to enquire about a micro sim for PAYG. I was told that I could only get them online at the moment from www.o2.co.uk/iphonelatest. I went on but I couldn't see how to get one.

The guy from o2 retentions was trying to get me to swap to a 1 month contract with 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. What are the best deals out there?

Ive got plenty of time to look as my iPhone4 isnt shipping till July 2nd