Just got my new i5 and it has yellow tinge

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tekksan, Jan 26, 2010.

1. tekksan macrumors regular

Kinda sucks but I guess I'm just going to wait about a month or so, then open a case with Apple on it; hopefully they have a fix by then.

Oh, btw, I have a week 51.

2. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I've had 1 week 51, 2 week 52s. All 3 were bad but week 51 was the worst.

Sorry to hear!

3. Alicia1 macrumors regular

I am on the 6th iMac, after waiting a month or so I decided it was time to try again. The iMac is perfect except for a slight yellow tinge in the middle of the screen towards the bottom, and a bit on the bottom right corner. It is a week 53 i5.

As I got 10% off, I am thinking I will just keep this one and also request a screen replacement later on down the track once Apple figure out what is wrong. Hopefully by some miracle it might just be sorted with a firmware / software update.

4. tekksan thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I'm thinking. The yellow is so bad as to make the machine unusable or anything. Maybe I'll just wait a month or two and then open a case with Apple.

5. Alicia1 macrumors regular

Well I have decided to take this iMac back for a refund. I spoke to applecare support last night and they said they are working on the issue and somebody will be in contact with me in 3 weeks to arrange a panel replacement.

I don't think a new computer should have to be fixed. I think Apple should get it right to begin with or don't sell them at all. I am getting my money back and I will think twice about buying anything from Apple ever again.

6. MT0227 macrumors 6502

I went in to the store yesterday with my week 46 i5, they order me a new replacement i5, not just the display.