Just got my new Imac I5 27..... So far = Awsome!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BamaDMD, Mar 17, 2010.

1. BamaDMD macrumors member

BamaDMD

I got the 2 TB hitachi hd with mine. First time I have ever had a drive that exceeds the amount listed. It's rated at slightly over 2TB!!! I have 1.99 Tb left to transfer from my 24 inch iMac.

Also, did the screen test. It came out good so far without any problems. This screen is incredible. My wife saw it and said it would be great for scrapbooking. I told her she'd be wanting one before long. :D

Anybody know what drive would be good as a time machine drive for this monster drive? Should it be partitioned and use two drives? Can that be done?

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Personally I agree with you, amazing computer my i5 was damn "near perfect" as well. Only difference is I picked up the 1TB model.

Currently using a 1TB Western Digital MyBook USB and a 1TB WD Caviar Black drive in an aftermarket enclosure via firewire 300GB set aside for TM.

3. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Good to hear this positive report.
    There are many zealots here who will attempt to discredit your report of an excellent screen. They might ask for photos to "prove" what you say is true. Or they might suggest you do not have a sensitive enough eye to notice the so-called problem they'll insist is there.
    Please don't succumb to the rantings of these people. Just enjoy your machine and ignore those whose agenda is to spread dissatisfaction.

4. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

I use Time Capsule with Time Machine, and it works like a charm - also use the Time Capsule for my internet signal as it's 5Ghz and my 20mbps internet is wireless at that rate too from the other side of my appartment (Time capsule in Lounge, iMac in office over the other side of the building).

:cool:

5. trjwv macrumors regular

i also use time capsule and is working great but how do you tell if you are at 5 Ghz or 2 GHz?

6. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

7. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Sir, we are not all "zealots" trying to discredit anyone! Many of us have genuine issues and are simply very frustrated.

I stood on the sideline of this iMac issue all the way until a few weeks ago.

My 4th iMac is coming this morning. The problems I've had have all been extreme and graphics related. Not just some simple yellowing or anything.

I'm thrilled to hear that others are apparently getting good units. I wish I could get one!

8. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Kind of like this guy, right?

He complains about a yellow tint problem AND asks for photos to be posted.

Is SirCecil for REAL? :confused:

9. Kalison macrumors member

10. frenchie0101 macrumors 6502