Just got my new Iphone 4 from Ebay, but...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Inje, May 18, 2011.

1. Inje macrumors newbie

The phone is on iOs 4.3.1 and baseband 04.10.01. It was bought from Three network but it wasn't unlocked by the seller. I know Three network can unlock your iphone for free, but because i live in Cyprus, that is not an option for me :(

So i will ask the question (i know you've probably answered this like 100000 times).... Is there a "CURE" for my locked Iphone?

Thanks for listening me :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Inje thread starter macrumors newbie

any other way? I ordered one Gevey Sim from EBAY but i will have it in 20 days (Shipped from China). I'm now without a phone, thats why i am looking for another solution :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tipota alo file mou.
    Den mporeis na to kaneis unlock me allo tropo.

5. Inje thread starter macrumors newbie

:) Right thanks ... Just one last question. I just talked with 3 network and they said they can give me an unlock code for 15pounds over the phone. My question is, will i be able to unlock the phone with the code while i'm in Cyprus or does it have to be first connected on 3 network ?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If they offer a factory unlock go for it.
    It's not a code but they add your imei number to the officially unlocked iPhone database.
    You won't have to connect or use their network, just pay them to unlock it.

7. wdaly macrumors newbie

I'm in a similar situation; just received a brand new iPhone 4 bought from ebay, locked to 3 network (at least according to the seller). I connected to my Macbook, and can't seem to get beyond the 'No sim detected, install sim with no pin lock' screen on the phone.

So, a couple of things:

1) If I follow the advice above, hopefully 3 should be able to unlock the phone for a small fee...

2) I'm currently on 02 simplicity, and want to continue with this; so once I upgrade to a an iPhone micro sim, what should I expect to happen once I place it in the phone i.e. what should appear on screen at first? Or, indeed, when I connect to iTunes? (sorry if that sounds like a stupid question!). Currently in iTunes the iPhone icon appears in the side column, but an error message appears telling me there's a problem connecting to the iTunes Store; I'm guessing this is because the phone is locked and/or has no sim in?

3) I also travel to Ireland regularly on business; presumably once my phone is unlocked by 3, it will be possible for me to swap in a PAYG iPhone sim from an Irish network, without any problems?

Sorry, all a bit new to this. Would appreciate any advice. :)