Just got my new iPhone 6!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 22, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Omg so happy it's perfect. I love it. I'm so happy to be back to iPhone after using galaxy s4 for a year.

It's so thin even with a case on.

I love that I can literally use my iPad as a phone that's nuts.
    Beautiful screen it just feels sooo smooth.

2. vitacura macrumors regular

3. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do I test the health app? Like make sure it's working and the motion processor works?

4. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

5. lke macrumors 6502a

Do you miss something from Android?

Comparing ios 8 to android what do think?

I have always have an iphone and I also think that the iphone 6 is amazing, I only want to know more about Android and Samsung phones.

How about the screen? How good is the iphone 6 compared to the galaxy

6. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope don't miss anything from android..especially don't miss the dumb keyboards grr.

Well with android I could get any app I wanted for free but to be honest I don't use many extraneous apps these days.
    The iphone 6 screen is slightly smaller but that's not a big deal..I have an iPad mini now. The screen is a LOT smoother though it feels wonderful.

7. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

There are things I like, but there are things I miss...

1) Weekly updates to apps, including Chrome, etc.
    2) Data Usage - Being graphs instead of just simple numbers. You can interact with the graph to set data usage limits and see how much data youve been using over time.
    3) Easily set a hotspot name instead of using the name of your phone, this is annoying since the default name for the phone is always "your full name"'s phone.
    4) Widgets on Home Screen - Its nice to have a simple "What is that song" widget that is an equivalent of shazam on the homescreen inline with where all your apps are.
    5) Size - Oddly enough, the Nexus 4, which is also a 4.7 inch phone is actually smaller than the iPhone 6, though it is not as big a deal.
    6) Gmail App - Its so much better and updates so frequently on android. Only the Plus has contact images/email images located next to each email, which is silly since Android on 4.7'' screens can already have that too.

8. kerrikins macrumors 65816

A lot of the health stuff isn't working at the moment but if you go to Health -> Health Data -> All -> Steps it should show you the total. You can turn it on so it shows in the Dashboard as well :)

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

YAYYYYY... thanks to ios8 continuity. i call with my rMini too now. LOL

10. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Finally, a refreshing thread.

I love my iPhone 6.

11. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I really am happy with it. It feels juuust right. There are always going to be issues that keep things from being perfect but that's what makes the next gen exciting.