Just got my new iPhone...silly question about screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Branskins, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I bought the front IS today because the full bodies were out. I got it on and it looks good for the most part. I ordered the back protector online today so I won't have it for a few days.

Now for the dumb question: I left the back plastic on the back of the phone to protect it until I get my new IS back protector Does anyone think there is a higher possibility of scratching the back leaving this plastic on and risking getting things under it? Or should I hold out and wait for my back IS to come?

The skinny: Should I leave the plastic on and wait, or take it off and wait for the new IS? I want to go the best scratch free route!

I know it's silly, but I wanted to see what people would say about this :)

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Why didn't you go with BestSkinsEver? I just got a total body skin recently.

Leave the plastic on, you seem OCD like me when it comes to keeping the iPhone scratch free :)

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just bought a cheap Griffin Reveal case. I'm not stupid enough to leave the front screen facing the table when I put it down. It's gorilla glass and the back is protected by the case. Problem solved...

Seriously, a little bit of dust won't scratch the phone. Just don't rub keys or jewelry against it. And leave the plastic on if you are paranoid. :)

4. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay thanks for reinforcing my OCD-ness :p.

I already bought my IS so I am stuck with it for now! I might by Power Support for the front when it comes out, but to be honest, I think I put mine on pretty well! Just hope some of this solution dries under the screen protector. They say to let it sit so it can dry so I have been trying not to manhandle it!

Anyways, I will wait for my back IS to come and I will leave the back plastic on :p

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I left the back plastic on that came with the phone for almost a week and no problems. Phone looked brand new.

6. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Perfect! Just what I needed :)

One thing I noticed with the plastic on: taking a picture with flash causes the photo to look green and funky! At least I hope this is because of the plastic!

7. teezee09 macrumors member

Yup. The bad pictures are due to the film covering the lens and flash. I've had my phone a week and left the back protector on it while I wait for my BSE to arrive. It mustve gotten lost in the mail bc it's been almost 2 weeks since it shipped. Good thing I requested that they send an updated film with a flash cutout without sending the original in :rolleyes:

8. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow that is frustrating! I hope it all works out!

I can't wait to use this camera without the film covering it :D

9. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Wrapsol, Zagg IS, BSE, Ghost Armor, Phantom Skins, Body Guardz, etc.

Wet Application with adhesive (some now have dry option). Orange Peel Effect and Rubbery Texture. Installation can be a biatch. You will never be able to replicate the nice glassy texture of your naked iphone with these skins, period. I don't care what anyone says. Yes, there are skins that have less orange peel effect, but you will never have one without this effect. They are all made of the same material. They are all durable, provide great protection, but these aren't for me because of the texture.

SGP

I have yet to try the SGP but I have to admit I am intrigued. From what I hear it has the best texture with minimal orange peel effect than those skins listed above. I might actually order and apply an SGP on my iphone until Power Support comes out with their front/back protectors.

Power Support Crystal films

As of stated previously, it's all about the texture for me. Well you cannot beat Power Supports crystal films. It's basically like putting a sheet of glass on your iphone glass. Installation is easy. The backing of the Power Support films has no adhesive, which is why it is so easy to install and easy to remove. The films are not "rubbery" like those other soft skins. It is a hard film. I will be ordering Power Supports front and back protectors once they are available to order. On top of that I will be using a bumper (maybe a vapor bumper if I want to really pimp out my phone).

These are just my 2 cents. Anyone agree?