Just got my new iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

and it is a damn nice phone. Definitely worth the upgrade from a 6s+. I got the 7+ 256GB Black. I am amazed with the aesthetics of the phone and how high quality it feels in your hands. It also feels noticeably lighter than my 6s+. Nice job Apple!

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've said it from the get go the 7 series is better than the 6S.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The best features are the stereo speakers, haptic home button and dual camera in my opinion. 3D Touch has grown to be one of top favorite features as wel.

5. Danjrel macrumors regular

My iPhone is in processing land. Glad you like it.

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I agree especially about 3D touch. It has grown to be more useful.

Sorry about your phone. Mine was delayed a couple days because of "UPS equipment failure"....whatever that means lol. Maybe the plane broke down when it landed in Alaska.

7. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I instead love my iPhone 6S Plus,nothing interesting in iPhone 7 except the new jet black color

8. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Absolutely agree with you. Not worth the upgrade from a 6S to a 7 unless you had money to burn.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

[​IMG]

10. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

The 6s is a great phone and I really enjoyed using it.

I paid $100 for the upgrade. Worth every penny imo.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm glad you are enjoying your new iPhone.

12. mildocjr macrumors 65816

After having the 7 for a little over 2 weeks, I'm starting to have upgrade remorse, kind of miss my old 6S.

13. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

What is it that you miss? Please don't say the headphone jack :cool:

14. IconIc215 macrumors regular

I actually have been through 2 7+ phones and both were returned. First one because of the hiss noise and the second one because well....I just couldn't justify it being a $850 upgrade over the 6S+ I have. Don't get me wrong I liked the phone but didn't love it. Stereo speakers were nice and was actually enjoying the new home button. Other than that, improvements in areas that matter to me (ie. screen) were just not there.This will be the first year I don't have the latest and greatest but am perfectly content this time around with the 6S+.

15. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Yeah I was trying to stay away from the hissing, but the first one was getting very hot and was hissing, the replacement is hissing, but it doesn't bug me that much to try and replace it again.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    Actually I don't miss the headphone jack, I'm glad it's gone. I miss having a lower cell phone bill because my 6S+ was paid off and the iPhone 7+ is on a lease program.

16. techiebug macrumors 6502a

The 7 Plus is a great phone but I don't think it's worth upgrading over the 6s.

17. MarkB786 macrumors regular

About the speakers... It seems that Netflix et. al. use both bottom speakers plsu the ear piece speaker; but Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music use only one bottom speaker (right one) and the ear piece speaker. This seems to take away from music quality a bit... Love my phone, but was hoping for a bit more depth in music quality.

18. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

There is only ONE speaker on the bottom, not two.

19. MarkB786 macrumors regular

Hmm. Not so sure. My 7+ has two speaker openings on the bottom (unless one is a faux speaker). And when I cover the right speaker when playing Netflix, I can still hear the movie w/sound from bottom left. If I cover the right bottom speaker when playing music however, there is no sound from the bottom. Maybe I'll double-check.

20. mdx001 macrumors newbie

mdx001

Really, I have both and holding them side by side the 6s+and the 7+ and I can't tell the difference except for the Jet Black back. Feels the same in the hand, the same size, same weight.

21. MarkB786 macrumors regular

Agree so far, especially with the 7+ battery life. But I do plan on buying an extra adapter or two. If I had the 7, might be a little more concerned about not being able to charge and listen at the same time, but a Belkin adapter is on the way.

22. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

The new phone is slightly lighter, which is good since I will be using this phone in the new DJI Osmo Mobile.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    Link to adapter?

23. bananataffy macrumors member

I upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 7 Plus matte black and I didn't expect it to be a significant upgrade, but it feels so much nicer. The main reason: i've always used cases on my iPhones, but with the Apple upgrade program/Applecare have decided to go full-nude for the first time ever. It makes a huge difference and the aluminum feels so much nicer in the hands than any case. It is quite slippery, but I quickly adjusted. Not to mention how much lighter and thinner it is without a case. Even if the physical design is largely the same, this makes it feel like a totally new experience. I highly recommend it. The new processor and more RAM also makes the OS feel way snappier.

24. mildocjr macrumors 65816

The only problem I've had with listening to music on my iPhone 7 is when I forgot to bring my headphones to work with me. The phone lasts all day.

25. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

One speaker on the bottom and one in the earpiece area to give that left-right separation (if 6 inches gives any sort of stereo separation!)