Just got my new Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kperrone, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kperrone macrumors newbie

kperrone

After debating long and hard on whether i wanted to upgrade from my white 2.4 MB to a new 2.4 MB or the 2.4 MBP I went to the Apple store and walked back and forth messing with them both for about 45 minutes. Finally I decided I'd fork out the extra $500 and go with the 2.4 MBP.

I have to say I am not the least bit disappointed so far. Even though I was pulling my hair out for the hour it took to migrate from my old MB to my new MBP it was well worth the wait. One of the first things I did was opened up WoW to see how much better it ran on the MBP. I was expecting the worst because on my old MB i had to turn all of the settings to the lowest possible and i was still only getting 10-20 FPS if i was lucky. So i cranked all the settings to high, restarted WoW and ran through a few towns and fought a few mobs. I did not see anything lower than 35 fps and that was when I was in a busy city. After watching it spike up to the high 50s a few times i put a cap on the fps to keep my poor MBP from setting aflame.

Anyway, My point is, I am extremely happy and do not regret spending the extra money on this fine machine. It is a heck of an upgrade from my early '08 white MB. The sad part is that i've bought 2 macs in the last 8 months just because I love them. Oh well, money comes and goes :D

Just one thing I was wondering, I've read a lot of the posts about the trackpad being off centered and fingerprints behind the screen and what not. So far the only issue i've had in common was a loose battery cover, I simply gently bent the clips down a bit and put it back on now its nice and tight and doesn't move at all. I also have the weird little dust looking stuff on the speaker covers but I think thats just how it was cut.

Are there any other issues people have been having besides the fingerprints, trackpad and battery cover? :apple:

2. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

upgrading from early 08?

At least you'll probably keep this one for more than eight months.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Congrats on the jump up to full-blown technology junkie!

If you don't eat cheetoes right before carting it around, you'll be fine ;). Seriously, I personally don't find the fingerprints to be an issue.

4. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

List the MB on ebay and you'll get that $500 back.

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Congrats on the purchase.

Overall I have had little or no issues with my system, though I am not as hypersensitive as some appear to be on these forums.

[​IMG]

6. kperrone thread starter macrumors newbie

kperrone

nah I gave it to the wifey. She's new to Macs but I'm converting her :D

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your new MBP - a terrific computer, I have one myself and am very happy with it - and may both you and your MBP live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck