Just got my new MBP w/ dead pixel, sending back, quick quesiton!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EvoWake, Oct 27, 2008.

1. EvoWake macrumors newbie

Just wondering, my macbook was customized, 2.8Ghz, 250 7200rpm sata drive... can I start putting my data on or is there a chance I'll get an entirely new system? I would love to get going but i'm not sure how apple will handle this situation?

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

You may or may not get a new system. Don't expect to get the data back.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If its only the one dead pixel I'm pretty sure they would say its within specs, they do have a limit but I'm not sure what it is around 5 i think

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

theres close to 1.3 million pixels in a MacBook Pro's display. Apple is rightfully allowed to deny exchanges of displays with a few dead pixels IMO.

5. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

theyll probably give you a new system. be safe and dont put that drive in there. i used to work at apple and they wont keep track of what you have in there now. unless you write them a note but at this point they wont really care because they are just probably going to ship you a new system. also, you may be in for a surprise when they receive the system, their deal pixel policy is harsh. unless you get a nice person. you can be in for some hassle.