Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tianh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
And I still got the signal issue. So nope, I dont think there was a second batch that "fixed" the problems like all these other guys here are saying.

Week 26 phone.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
Ok.

What were you expecting?
That the new batch would have a new hardware design?

If you don't like it, return it or sell it. Move on.

Simple.

n0point

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
Ok.

What were you expecting?
That the new batch would have a new hardware design?

If you don't like it, return it or sell it. Move on.

Simple.

The topic starter didn't rage or anything, so why are you trying to shut him off? He barely updated the forum on the situation, stating that the second batch did not fix his problems. And even though these posts are getting kind of old, he did not accuse Apple for all the wrong in the world and yell about sueing them, in fact your post is much more aggressive than his.

Just my 2 cents.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
And I still got the signal issue. So nope, I dont think there was a second batch that "fixed" the problems like all these other guys here are saying.

Week 26 phone.

The "fixed" batch i've heard of were all week 28. So week 26 still being bad isn't really news.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Did it fix the proximity sensor issue?

audiomixer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
Idaho
My replacement is 88026. My original was 80025 which has the signal issue, the proximity issue and also the stuck cycling ring tone upon answering a call issue. None of these things were cleared up with multiple complete restores. The replacement phone still has the signal issue but all other problems are gone.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I am so glad to hear you got your replacement! I was losing sleep over it. I am really happy you started a new thread to let me know. Thank you for that.

:rolleyes:

Vilacr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2002
I have been a mac user for 25yrs got my first mac at age 10. Was one of the first to receive the first iphone and have upgraded each yr. My problem is some of you guys seem to think apple can do no wrong and if there is an issue sweep under the rug so to speak. The iPhone issue is a problem and should be addressed by Apple ASAP. $300 for a phone and I can't use it as such is terrible, if I wanted an ipod I would have purchased one. I have tried the tape the case and even received another phone and I still have the same issue. I know this doesn't matter to the fanboys but if Apple cannot fix this issue I will abandon the iPhone for good ( maybe a droid or blackberry). If I am thinking this way then many others are as well, especially the newer mac users. Go ahead flame or do whatever you like, just know Apple should really address this ASAP. Software will not fix this problem do not get snowed over by what Apple is saying. Think about it if a case ,supposedly (not for me), solves the issue how can software be the problem?

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
I have been a mac user for 25yrs got my first mac at age 10. Was one of the first to receive the first iphone and have upgraded each yr. My problem is some of you guys seem to think apple can do no wrong and if there is an issue sweep under the rug so to speak. The iPhone issue is a problem and should be addressed by Apple ASAP. $300 for a phone and I can't use it as such is terrible, if I wanted an ipod I would have purchased one. I have tried the tape the case and even received another phone and I still have the same issue. I know this doesn't matter to the fanboys but if Apple cannot fix this issue I will abandon the iPhone for good ( maybe a droid or blackberry). If I am thinking this way then many others are as well, especially the newer mac users. Go ahead flame or do whatever you like, just know Apple should really address this ASAP. Software will not fix this problem do not get snowed over by what Apple is saying. Think about it if a case ,supposedly (not for me), solves the issue how can software be the problem?

dude, it was hard to read, but I managed to catch a few keywords. you know there is an alternative, iPhone 3GS, which has been a decent phone.

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
The "fixed" batch i've heard of were all week 28. So week 26 still being bad isn't really news.

Just got my week 28 phone last night. Reception problem is much worse than my wifes launch day phone so I don't think the newer batches are any better just yet.

Vilacr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2002
dude, it was hard to read, but I managed to catch a few keywords. you know there is an alternative, iPhone 3GS, which has been a decent phone.

This is the mentality of most mac users. I have the 3GS and now I have an ipod4 (iPhone4). There is nothing you can say to me that I haven't said to newbies on hundreds of occasions. I have had numerous difficulties with apple products but chose to turn my head and uphold Apple. Not this time, my issue will get fixed or I will never purchase an apple product again. I have control of contracts for thousands of mac computers and many have had issues but I stood steadfast with apple. This is it for me, if the issue does not get corrected I am done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.