Just got my return MBP !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TodVader, Oct 31, 2008.

1. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

My first MBP had 2 problems:
    A dead pixel in my field of view (very annoying as I'm a perfectionist) and a superdrive that I couldn't even put a disc in it (it got stuck halfway).

I send it monday and already received my new one today! This is crazy fast IMO. I demanded priority shipping when I called to get it replaced.

So far, it's perfect! I'm finally happy with my purchase.

Good luck to anyone exchanging theirs, I hope you get a good one!

2. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

I'm jealous, I sent mine in for repair last Wednesday (as in over a week ago) and the new replacement only shipped out today (from China, so will still be a few days before I get it).

Good luck and congrat!
    -spg

3. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I just realized something. I didn't get my cleaning cloth lol. I don't really care but I should have kept the one from my first MBP. My wife was the one who noticed. I'm just glad I'm not missing an AC adapter or something more important!

I'll just use the ones that came with my iPods.

I looked everywhere and it isn't there.

To spgiva: I truly hope you get a perfect one! You're probably as stressed about it as I was the whole week.

Did you ask for priority shipping?

4. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Send it back! :p

Seriously though, which iPods come w/ cleaning cloths? My Nano didn't.

5. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

My touch came with one and my normal ipod too. Never had a nano.

It just makes me wonder that if they forgot to include the cloth, they could have forgot something else like euh.... the computer?, the AC?, the Discs?

I'm just lucky they forgot the less important thing.

BTW, my MBP perfect after a day of use. I'm truly glad that this ordeal is done. I need to do some work on this and had to retransfer to my iBook :mad:.

Now it's as smooth as butter! Al my work apps and projects are transfered and I can finally get to work on a decent machine.

6. James17 macrumors 6502

It makes you wonder how they forget to include a cleaning cloth when the manufacturing and packaging process is the same for each one!

I know I'm terrible but I would send it back just because the contents aren't what they should be. I say that because I've had 6 replacement Penryn MBP's and I'm awaiting a replacement Late 08 MBP. The next one has to be perfect after everything I've experienced otherwise I'm getting a refund.

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

You would send a perfectly functioning machine back because a cloth was forgotten? Sorry but that's just stupid and wasteful. I'd call them and ask them to send the cloth first.

8. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I agree, I was hoping that my MBP would be perfect and it is! No way in hell I'd send it back. If something, I'd call to get them to ship me one but it's a stupid cloth! I reallllly don't give a bleep about it. I just wanted to 2K computer that I paid for in the condition that a 2K computer should be. I couldn't care less for a cloth lol.

9. James17 macrumors 6502

What annoys me is that mistakes can be made and still leave the factory with no proper audit. My Late 08 MacBook Pro left the factory with scratches on the side and now it makes a loud noise from the moment it's turned on till the moment it's turned off.

I know leaving a cloth out is minor but it's the principle of Apple's shabby manufacturing/packaging process. I say this after 6 Penryn MBP's and 1 Late 08 MBP.

10. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I just called for the fun of it and they told me that I'm not the only one who called lol. The only way to get one would be to return the full computer. I said Hell no, I just wanted to warn you about the missing stuff problem you're having in China. He said thanks for warning me and have a good day. He took it as a note and they will probably do nothing with it but at least I told them.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your splendid (hopefully flawless) MBP, (a pity about the cleaning cloth, but that is a minor matter in the wider scheme of things). Enjoy your MBP - I have one and I'm very happy with it - and may you and your MBP live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck

12. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I'd go even further... if I had returned a defective laptop, and was sent a perfect one in return... I'd wouldn't even care if it was hand delivered in a plastic bag, as long as it was perfect, and this is based on the perception that getting a perfect laptop from Apple these days is like winning the lottery.:D

I do have to say that my refurb MBP Classic was perfect from the start, so I feel pretty lucky, and I'm hanging onto it for a good long while.

13. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Exactly. +1
    Whats the carbon footprint on returning 7 MBPs + 1 more for a cloth? :eek:

14. TodVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

TodVader