Just got my revised Pixelskin HD for my 4S!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Motionblurrr, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I'm not really a big fan of cases on iPhones but lately I've been having butterfingers and with winter approaching my hands have a harder time gripping this phone when it's cold.

I really REALLY like this case though. Very low profile, unique looking and I really like the button feedback this case gives! :) oh, and the large camera cut out looks pretty cool and it let's more flash hit the subject of whatever you're shooting in the dark!

Great drop protection too! Accidentally dropped it in my kitchen on a tile floor and not a scratch on the phone or case! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lend27 macrumors member

I just received mine also, and I am disappointed in how flimsy the edge piece is on the frnt right above the home button. Because it moves so easy and is so flexible, it affords no drop protection in that spot whatsoever in my opinion.
    Other than that it appears to be a nice case.
    But that one drawback is a big one for me.

Len

3. cfairbank macrumors 6502

If you want something similar with great durability and protection check out the incipio ngp. Picked up at AT&T.

4. am0rningview, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

am0rningview macrumors newbie

5. Lend27 macrumors member

I did pick up an Incipio NGP and I love it.
    Much better construction than the Pixelskin HD in my opinion.
    All edges are stronger and well protected.

6. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

its also a lot thicker too!

I hate bulkiness and I tried to stay with a Candyshell and it was a nice case! just too bulky.

YMMV but my best friend has an iPhone 4 and he's the biggest clutz I know and his iPhone has been dropped SOOO many times on tiles, concrete, pavements, etc you name it! and it's in a pixelskin HD and his iPhone doesn't have a scratch on it.

7. cbronfman macrumors 6502

On cobblestone bricks

Reassuring to know about your friend since I'm not quite as bad, but I did fumble my 4S and it dropped on a cobblestone brick courtyard. Not a scratch. Plus PixelSkin HD has enough solidity that it works with my Magellan dashboard mount and never loses a connection. I really like this case.

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Looks pretty thick to me. I personally like the skech/casecrown cases for thinness. I don't know why this case is so popular.

9. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

you have to see it in person. it's relatively thin for an all-around case that covers everything but the screen.

Compare it to non-snap cases and the Pixelskin HD is like a piece of paper. Granted, this case actually DOES something when dropped than plastic snap on cases or slider cases. My girlfriend shattered her iPhone 4's screen when she accidentally dropped it on concrete in an Incase slider. Now, it depends on the angle but it only took her one drop.

TPU > Plastic in terms of drops.

10. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I've seen it in person. Too thick for me. Although I agree with you.. TPU has good protection against drops. Just don't like the way it looks personally.