Just got my rMBP refurbished 15'; Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jinyoungkim7, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jinyoungkim7 macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

Hey guys I just received my 15in refurbished rMBP 2012 15' base model and have a few questions.

- Everything seems to be super smooth except for when I change the width of Safari. When I click the side of Safari and move it around the screen it sort of lags, is it supposed to be like that?

- Is Safari the recommended browser?

- Also, is the $1600 refurb price that I got it for a good price even though the 2013 models are gonna come out sometime soon? I'm just a regular college student and thought Haswell won't do much different for me.

Thank you!

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

3. jinyoungkim7 thread starter macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

Yea, sort of like that. Clicking and moving around the side bars of Safari is really choppy, just installed latest update and doesn't seem to change much. Do I just have to wait for Mavericks or is it the computer not being able to handle the Retina screen? LG display btw

4. collinmac macrumors member

1599 is a great price!

More than likely if your refurb is like mine, then you only have 10.8.3. Update to 10.8.4 and that should go away.

I use firefox on my machine though, safari is a great browser(Even better in 10.9) but i prefer FF.