Just got my Seidio Innocase II Surface

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SooneratND, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SooneratND macrumors regular

Intitial impressions: Wow. Well done, Seidio.

Ordered on Saturday and received it today. It was exactly what I was hoping for. Thought about an Incase Slider, but heard this was thinner and the felt lining on the inside really sold me on it to prevent scratches from the case itself. (BTW... the felt is black now. Saw it used to be white on the YouTube reviews.)

As for the case. Very thin, but still really solid feeling. Almost no additonal bulk on the phone itself. Still fits in the pocket very comfortably. Matte satiny finish is great. Adds a little grip, but doesn't hang up in the pocket either.

Build quality is perfect. Cut outs are sized right and properly located. Fits very close to the phone. Sliding it in was tight, but not ridiculously so. More like a perfect fit. I don't see much dirt working its way into the case with how close it fits. Bezel is completely covered and well protected, but none of the screen access is hindered.

I got the black one and the wife got the rose pink one. Black case on the black 3GS is very sharp and professional looking. I'm a lawyer, so this was important to me. I can't have an outrageous looking case sitting my desk all day. I have no such worries with this case. Matte black body with the shiny chrome Apple logo floating in the middle is conservative enough to take to the office, but still very cool looking. Thinking of buying a screen protector to cut up and stick over the logo to keep it looking good. It's probably recessed enough not to worry about though. It's definitly not going to touch anything sitting on a table with this case on.

Wife's pink cover looks nice too. I like the pink on black she has, but I'm thinking the pink and white would look even sharper.

I'd HIGHLY recommend this case to anyone looking at a slider style case. I'm extremely happy so far.

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

put it this way... I just had to exchange my 3G... I've had it in an ash grey innocase since November... the only markings on the entire phone are some scratches in the chrome which marks extremely easily....

When I got to the apple store the Genius could not believe how the entire plastic portion of my phone was 100% scratch free....

What I would recommend doing is cutting up an old anti-glare that you have kicking around and placing a peice over the apple logo, so that you will have good protection on the back..

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Just and FYI for those in the States. I just found that Radio Shack is carrying this case in the red and blue colors in their stores, so if you want to go and check it out, that would be a good place to go. :D

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

I'm using the same case. The felt in mine is white though. I had also ordered a case from more that came with a round protector for the apple logo so I used that. I also recently got in a switcheasy and was going to try that, but I can't get the seido off!

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

the white felt is from the early first design. they changed it up and included a matching black felt

6. SooneratND thread starter macrumors regular

I should clarify, that the black felt was in the black case. Wife's pink case had white felt. Can't say what other colors come with.