Just got my Unibody Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by waloshin, Apr 28, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

And i couldnt be happier! The thing is so thin, and gorgeous. It was a refurb and the thing looks amazing its in perfect condition! The keys are nice to type on, and the backlighting is a bonus! I havent turned it on yet just waiting for my family to get home.

* Im going from Mac osx 10.39 to Leopard will I notice much of a difference.

* Do all Macbooks screens need to be calibrated, if so how would I do that.

Thanks

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Congratulations man! :D

Damn right there's a difference in operating system, Leopard is tons better, it feels SO MUCH NICER! Especially quick look and stacks and the dock and OMFG i love it ;P

I haven't calibrated my Macbook screen, and it still looks awesome, however I am on an nVidia Whitebook, could well be different for you.

Hope you enjoy your new machine. Bummer having to wait, my Dad has just bought a new Macbook Pro, he recieved it Monday morning and didn't open it until today, Tuesday, at half six in the afternoon! I don't understand what's wrong with him :p I couldn't wait, and it's not even mine!

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Looks like you need to update your signature then..

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Panther to Leopard is a huge jump.

You'll enjoy Leopard though, it just takes a day or two to adjust.

5. flapperdink macrumors member

congrats on the purchase. i got mine just before christmas and still can't help but to continue exploring it.

if you have a late 2008 model, then check out this thread to see if there's a calibrated profile for you to load. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=594528 the screen quality is already outstanding out of the box, but after finding a spyder profile for my screen i am completely amazed. you have to turn down the brightness a few notches, but the colors are effin amazing. everything looks so much clearer.

have fun with the new machine!

6. Quad 2.5 G5 =) macrumors 6502

I dont know about the calibration, but congrats :apple:
    Have fun with it.

7. MedHead macrumors regular

Congrats,
    I've had mine 3 months now and I still cant get over how amazing it is! Screen calibration is def a good idea, though even switching to the higher gamma setting makes a huge difference!

Also on calibration matters i suggest calibrating the battery about 1ce a month, will keep it in tip top condition!

Enjoy!

8. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

Congrats, I just received mine today and I must say the backlit keyboard is a nice feature.

9. rpang macrumors member

I also just received my new Unibody Macbook last week also. I wish I had gotten the 2.4 just for the backlit keyboard.

10. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Congrats! I just got a 2.4 Unibody myself (had a 2.0GHz Unibody but the girlfriend liked it so jacked it form me). Very nice computer indeed. :)

11. Sareth macrumors member

That's high maintenance !

12. three macrumors 6502a

three

I am really tempted to go out and purchase a 2.0 GHz "Brick" Macbook, I should save my money though. :(

13. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Congrats on the new MacBook - just picked mine up a few days ago and I'm in heaven. Its beautiful, fast and everyone loves it!:D

Enjoy yours.:apple: