Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
And i couldnt be happier! The thing is so thin, and gorgeous. It was a refurb and the thing looks amazing its in perfect condition! The keys are nice to type on, and the backlighting is a bonus! I havent turned it on yet just waiting for my family to get home.

* Im going from Mac osx 10.39 to Leopard will I notice much of a difference.

* Do all Macbooks screens need to be calibrated, if so how would I do that.

Thanks

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
And i couldnt be happier! The thing is so thin, and gorgeous. It was a refurb and the thing looks amazing its in perfect condition! The keys are nice to type on, and the backlighting is a bonus! I havent turned it on yet just waiting for my family to get home.

* Im going from Mac osx 10.39 to Leopard will I notice much of a difference.

* Do all Macbooks screens need to be calibrated, if so how would I do that.

Thanks

Congratulations man! :D

Damn right there's a difference in operating system, Leopard is tons better, it feels SO MUCH NICER! Especially quick look and stacks and the dock and OMFG i love it ;P

I haven't calibrated my Macbook screen, and it still looks awesome, however I am on an nVidia Whitebook, could well be different for you.

Hope you enjoy your new machine. Bummer having to wait, my Dad has just bought a new Macbook Pro, he recieved it Monday morning and didn't open it until today, Tuesday, at half six in the afternoon! I don't understand what's wrong with him :p I couldn't wait, and it's not even mine!

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Panther to Leopard is a huge jump.

You'll enjoy Leopard though, it just takes a day or two to adjust.

flapperdink

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2009
congrats on the purchase. i got mine just before christmas and still can't help but to continue exploring it.

if you have a late 2008 model, then check out this thread to see if there's a calibrated profile for you to load. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/594528/ the screen quality is already outstanding out of the box, but after finding a spyder profile for my screen i am completely amazed. you have to turn down the brightness a few notches, but the colors are effin amazing. everything looks so much clearer.

have fun with the new machine!

MedHead

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland
Congrats,
I've had mine 3 months now and I still cant get over how amazing it is! Screen calibration is def a good idea, though even switching to the higher gamma setting makes a huge difference!

Also on calibration matters i suggest calibrating the battery about 1ce a month, will keep it in tip top condition!

Enjoy!

iJimmy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Congrats, I just received mine today and I must say the backlit keyboard is a nice feature.

rpang

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
So Cal...
I also just received my new Unibody Macbook last week also. I wish I had gotten the 2.4 just for the backlit keyboard.

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Congrats! I just got a 2.4 Unibody myself (had a 2.0GHz Unibody but the girlfriend liked it so jacked it form me). Very nice computer indeed. :)

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I am really tempted to go out and purchase a 2.0 GHz "Brick" Macbook, I should save my money though. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.