Just got new MacBook out of Layaway

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BasilFawlty, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I'm happy! When the logic board on my 09 MB fried due to a water spill, I opted to buy a new 13-inch MBP at the local military Base Exchange rather than spend (minimum) $435 to fix the MB. They still had a handful of the earlier MBP (Early 2011) which I was able to get for $989 (with no tax). I put it on Layaway a few weeks ago and just picked it up today. It is slightly less capable than the brand new MBP (2.3GHz vs 2.4) and mine has 320 HD vs the new MBP with it's 500GB. But the HD is a moot point anyway since I have a fairly new 500GB Seagate Momentus Hybrid with 4GB of SSD onboard that I intend to swap out. Any any rate it's lightyears better than the MB I had before. The memory is at 4GB which I think is about the same as the new version (I'll probably upgrade to 8GB for the heck of it since memory is so darned cheap now).

Lion is going to take some getting used to. The first thing I had to do was go in and change the way the track pad scrolls on web pages. "Natural?" Maybe, but I hate it. But as long as I could put it back the way I'm used to I was happy.

Overall, I think I made a good choice and look forward to learning this new OS.

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

3. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I thought the same thing but it took a couple hours to get used to and I have to admit that I do like it better this way. But it does make me hate my windows 7 desktop machine just a tiny bit more than I did before.