Just got off the phone with At&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jerzeykidd, Sep 13, 2014.

1. jerzeykidd macrumors member

Basically what I was told is that anyone who preordered the plus and have ship dates between 10/02/14 - 10/13/14 will more than likely receive theirs by the release date. The shipment is backdated as a precaution and basically to cover their asses.

At&t
    64gb Iphone 6 Plus
    Space Grey
    Ordered at 2:43 AM 9/12

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I sure hope that turns out to be the case for you. Can't believe any AT&T information after yesterday. Went to 3 different stores and their policies changed at each of them. No delivery to the store, can't do the trade-in promo, etc. Wish they would get their act together.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Thanks for letting us know this. Mine hopefully will ship by release date then. I don't know why or how my husband ended up with a mid November date when he ordered his first, but I hope he gets his the same day I get mine or he will run off with my phone or keep looking over my shoulder when it arrives! :rolleyes:

4. jerzeykidd thread starter macrumors member

Same here, I called twice and spoke to two ddifferent people, they both said the same. I hope it is correct.

5. KobeJordan macrumors newbie

This is true I been working for Fedex Tn for 8 years and the will come from Texas "apple has a distribution war room there". Tue alot of people will get tracking updates. Ill check and see when the plan arrives and trucks get to the Memphis Hub".

6. madmod20061 macrumors newbie

I hope that's true. A comedy of errors caused me to have to have an order for early November delivery. I was hoping that's just an estimate and that they will ship earlier sometime in October. The release date boat has sailed at this point:)

7. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

This is info is consistent with how preorders have unfolded in other years. I have the 10/2-10/13 ship date so If I get my 6+ 128gb on Friday I'll be happy; if not I'll wait a few weeks and enjoy the reviews people post of theirs in the mean time.

8. KobeJordan macrumors newbie

Your Apple iPhone 6 (64GB Space Gray) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014. Your iPhone has been reserved. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Att Premier Customer"fedex corp discount"

9. Macuser360, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

Macuser360 macrumors newbie

I've got a 6, 64G (NOT Plus) on order through AT&T (regular site not Premier) with an order time of 3:02AM EST and an estimated shipping date of 10/13 to 10/31 - any chance I'll get it on release day?

From what I've read here, non-Plus preorders should be more easily filled based on supply. The reps I talked to at AT&T were only able to give me that estimated range which matched what's on the online order status site.

10. KobeJordan macrumors newbie

Yes I think you have a great chance also depends on what part of US you are in. But just wait for a tracking number to populate1-2 days before release date. Think these companies are not UPS or FEDEX they feed on imformation for those sources. They barely can keep track with you data ussage let alone a phone out in the wild. Ill check our Fedex facilites later today but there isnt much movement on saturday on Saturday packages and medical supplies move today.

11. qwerty1202 macrumors 6502

Awesome ordered around the same time as you got my conf email at 2:43am. same model and color too

12. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

When I talked to at&t they said the ship dates were right on and most will be pushed back an additional week or two.

13. mobutt macrumors 6502

I wonder how it'll look for the 10/13 people then. I literally order by like 12:05 PST.

----------

Where do you guys see what time you put your order in?

14. jerzeykidd thread starter macrumors member

i honestly believe you will BUT son't forget. At&t started preorders at 2:40am Est. 20 minutes, a lot of phones were sold by then.

15. KobeJordan macrumors newbie

Guys this is all part of the Hype of Apple. which is cool but if you ordered i. the first hour I would be expecting my device next week or the following Monday. Order status:preparing to Ship i ordered around 2:40am cst. Fedex shipment are always lighter on Fridays so there should be alot of drivers starting work early. Tip: if you are not home and miss "one attempt has to be made before you can call 1-800 GO FedEx and as for in station HOLD for pick up." It will give you about an extra 1 1/2 hours after you get off at 5. to pick up your pack from station. Tip2: Leave a note on your door signed with your name to hold at station and the driver will most likely place your package in the holding cage. Hope this helps!

Apple iPhone 6 - 64GB
    Order date: 09/12/2014
    Item status: Preparing to Ship
    Estimated ship date: 09/23/14-10/02/14