Just got off the phone with AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minkys89, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Minkys89 macrumors newbie

I just called the telephone number on the receipt I got when I ordered my phone on Friday. They told me that if you ordered a phone on Friday or Saturday that they started shipping them on Monday. If you ordered one on Sunday or later it would not be shipped for 10-14 days. They said that is what the latest memo they got stated.

2. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Well I ordered mine Saturday and mine says it's on back-order and hasn't shipped so I don't believe that.

3. cjandnw macrumors 6502

+1
    I ordered my 16gig black Friday afternoon. Still backordered.

4. iSip macrumors newbie

same here. ordered a 16g blk on saturday. still BO.

5. Vaco Deus macrumors member

I, too, am still backordered.

The guy said I would have it Friday so I'll call (harass) them on Friday if my status doesn't change by then

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5839350

I posted around page 14 about my talk with a rep at the ATT store in Roseville (Sacramento), CA last night. in our area, all black iPhones (both 8G and 16G) are on back order for 14 - 21 days. That's not with getting them to the store, but that for getting them to the warehouse. So I won't be surprised if it takes longer.

However, the white iPhone you can get ordered and into the store in 4 - 7 days.

YMMV for your area.

BL.

7. JMAC91 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine Sunday morning, and the man at AT&T told me it would take 7-10 days. Does this seem right or should i expect to be waiting longer?

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Is this waiting time eating into the 30 day return period? Or does that start once you get the phone in your hand?