Just Got Pencil at Roos Field Store-Many more Left

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Dmal99, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

I know i probably shouldn't have made a whole thread but the Apple store in Roosevelt Field, New York, Long Island, has a bunch of pencils. I just got one and cancelled my preorder.

They have enough that my guess is there will be some left even tomorrow morning, but this is based on the info from the 3 (admittedly goofy) redshirts I hung out with while they were runner-ing my pencil.

Good luck!

2. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

For those trying to get there... It is Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City NY. This is my apple store, where I got my ipad on opening day. I got my pencil and keyboard at another apple store the next day.

3. Dmal99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is something I learned today, and I'm a looooong time apple user.

If you call the apple store of choice, and you use the automated number pressing system to pick "products and availability" or whatever the choice is, it will transfer you to the 1-800 number from Apple HQ. So, when you call the actual number of your local Apple store, just say "manager," and then it will transfer you to a person at the actual brick and mortar store you called in the first place.

Remember, many Apple stores have pencils even though the website and HQ says they don't. Good luck!

4. ronaldhennessy macrumors member

Sounds encouraging to see the pencil come in stock on Long Island. I'm going to try Smith Haven tomorrow which is closer for me.

5. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

FYI, I got mine on day 2 at the Manhassat store. But I was one of the few that pre-ordered the keyboard and pencil as the store opened. They tried to cancel my order on day on and I refused to allow them, then I got the email it was available for pickup the next day... Good thing I fought them.

6. Dmal99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wait.. what do you mean they tried to cancel you?? How is that even possible? Were you mad?

7. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

They did this to everyone who made a personal pickup order before they closed that function. None of them had the pencils/keyboards on the first day. So, the local stores called those who got through with the glitch, and told them they had to cancel the order and that you should re-order, or we will put you on a list and hold the first set for you. The lady at the Manhassat store said I was the 1st in order of priority. I refused and when to the level of apple customer service manager. Eventually they said the would leave it open. But I'm sure a TON of people who made it through the glitch gave in. Both the keyboard and pencil arrived the next day (day 2). So I had my IPP at 10 am the first day, and had to wait until 1 pm the next day to pickup my keyboard and pencil.

8. Dmal99 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Nickash28 macrumors member

Thanks for taking the time to share this great tip! It scored me a Pencil today. I had given up on calling and resorted to visiting stores when one was near. I called Ardmore, PA, used the manager trick. Got a real live person at the store and they said there was a very limited quantity available. Once I got there I talked to one employee who recommended I order online and wait 5 weeks. Then I spoke to a different associate who came across as much more interested in helping. He checked the inventory. After informing me they got 10 in stock today, he doubted any would be remaining. Inventory showed there was one available and out it came.

Awesome, awesome tip! I'll be using this in the future.