Just got refurbished MBP, trackpad problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EB66, Apr 16, 2008.

1. EB66 macrumors 6502

I just got my refurbished Macbook Pro from Apple yesterday and played on it for a couple hours last night and love every bit of it but now my trackpad is acting funny.

It works perfect half of the time but then it will almost cut out and when you move your finger around on it, it will skip and stutter and is not smooth one bit. When it is having that problem it will will take me almost ten swipes horizontally across the trackpad to get from one side of the screen to another and I have my tracking speed set above half way.

When i first started typing this it was being faulty but now it is working fine again for the moment but it will go back to acting weird soon enough

any suggestions?

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Go back to the store / call Apple and ask them to take at it or exchange it. If it is brand new they shouldn't have a problem with that.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. EB66 thread starter macrumors 6502

nope dry and i had a friend sitting next to me try it and he couldn't get it to work either

it did it once more last night after I posted that, but i could hardly even get the mouse to move then so I shut it down and this morning it is working fine again

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Did you get this sorted out?

I have a new MBP that's acting the same way sometimes, but only when I'm typing and have both palms in light contact with the front of the MBP. Almost always, if I lift them up, the trackpard starts working fine again.

[qoute]t works perfect half of the time but then it will almost cut out and when you move your finger around on it, it will skip and stutter and is not smooth one bit.[/quote]