Just got scammed, any help from you guys

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ksncalver, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Ksncalver macrumors newbie

Hello all, I am New as you all can tell.
    I just brought a Iphone 4, that was stated as Unlocked.
    I placed my Orange im card in and find out, its locked to Vodafone.

I start looking on the Internet and fall trap to a web site, and get scammed into thinking They can unlock my phone. Well it did not work.

Version 5.1.1
    Modem Firmware 04.12.01

Can this be unlocked or should I just re sell it

2. gd6 macrumors member

Where did you purchase it from?

There are no gevey's or software unlocks for 5.1.1 iphone 4...but I'm just curious as to where you purchased it from. Was it online somewhere or in person? In person, always test out your sim in it before paying for an unlocked phone.

3. Dheald macrumors member

Like the previous person said, it cannot be unlocked. You're best bet would be to sell it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, pity, a little reading might have prevented this.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

In that case I would go all or nothing and maybe the 3rd times a charm.
    Try www.iphoneUnlockScam.com for only $179.95:D

7. Ksncalver thread starter macrumors newbie

I got scammed once the site was iphoneunlockerpro.com yes I should have known that this sort of site with the talking lady was jack s@&£. Not a lot I can do about that, we are disputing it with PayPal and hopefully will get our money back.

Yes I should have done some reading by I was angry and wanted the iPhone to work. The guy who I brought it from I think had it unlocked before he did a system restoe and connected it to iTunes which then deleted the unlock or something. Though I think his add does read factory unlock.

Anyway I am left with a couple of options which would in the end give me the same solution.

I have checked the imei number the phone is not stolen, lost, or blocked its not black listed either.

My options go, try a work my way around Vodafone uk (it's locked to this network) and say its a pay as you go phone and see if I can get the unlock code.

I could try and contact the bloke who I brought it And see if he would contact vodafone.

Or I take it to a phone shop and the do the work. This would be anything from £30 - £65

I have learnt a lot from my mistakes but will get there

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

you bought a unlocked phone that can't be unlocked at least easily time will tell if you learned your lesson.

9. alec6542 macrumors regular

I thought I would chime in since I've been scammed several times, including from that site! To give you some peace of mind, assuming you paid with a credit card, (never ever pay with bank-draft or debit on paypal), dispute the charge with the credit card only, not paypal (or the merchant). If you do it that way, the credit card company will always side with you. Paypal won't, in fact, during my first dispute years ago paypal tried to use my contact with them as evidence of the charge's legitimacy! AMEX is best about siding with the consumer, and had their "investigation" wrapped up in a week (after claiming it could take up to 90 days)

10. The New iPad macrumors regular

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds like you get scammed alot :eek: