Just got the 20" ACD. WOW.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aaquib, Dec 19, 2008.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I absolutely love it! The second I plugged it in, I noticed a significant difference between the colour on my alum. MacBook and the Cinema Display. I really wanted a display, as I was planning on doing some Dreamweaver over the winter break, and the MacBook monitor is just too small. Was thinking about getting a 22" for about $300, but decided I wanted :apple: to go with :apple: Paid $500 for it, brand new sealed. The retail for it here is $700 + tax(so about $780), so I got a pretty good deal.

I'm just stunned. I never knew color could look this good.

[​IMG]

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

If you think the 20" is gorgeous, wait until you upgrade to the 24" led acd!

The 20" ACD is a fine monitor, congrats man and enjoy! :D

3. ValientHimself macrumors member

Well, pretty much anything next to a Macbook screen will look great. I recently purchased a MacBook Air (used) to replace my plastic macbook, and the screen difference was like night and day.

I really want a 20inch ACD though to replace my aging 17inch Samsung, but I just can't justify the cost of it.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Try ebay as a lot of people are dumping not even 1 year old 20" cinema displays to buy the new goodies (24" led acd) and you can probably score one almost brand new for $300 with apple care in most cases.

5. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

Great man ! I just purchased the 20" ACD myself, but i'm having 2nd thoughts. I really wanted the 23" one because its HD, but i'm not sure it will make much difference.

Also I may keep it in a box until MWSF just incase they release and LED 20" or take this back and get the LED 24" lol. good lord i wish i didnt buy things compulsively.

But enjoy your monitor. You almost made me open my box lol

6. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Thanks :D I was planning on waiting, but I really wanted one for the winter break, and thought the worst that could happen is that I pay the 10% restocking fee, but either ways I get a better product. Anyways, I'm loving the display and good luck with yours(whichever one you end up getting) :)

7. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

I'll probably just use it and take the 10% restocking fee if something changes. I'm sure the 20" is all I need.

8. rishi13 macrumors member

I had a completely different experience with the 20" ACD. I bought one to hook up to my 15" SR Matte Macbook pro and the display just didn't seem as bright as the MBP's. I like using my MBP on full brightness so this was an issue for me. I ended up taking it back. I will probably end up buying the 23" ACD which is much brighter.

9. Storm9 macrumors member

FOr that price I would rather go with the Dell 2408

10. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

11. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

My buddy got a 24" Acer 1920X1200 display for $260cdn today on Boxing Day for this MB. Great size, great resolution, but I just felt disgusted when I saw such a gorgeous MacBook beside his display. Also, I liked the colours on mine a lot better. After seeing the competition, I can say that I have no regrets and am completely satisfied with mine :)

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Still loving the 24" LED ACD, its so perfect and the wow factor is just insane! =D

13. SimonJ macrumors regular

Sorry to get a little off topic here, but could I get that AWESOME looking wallpaper on the ACD from somewhere?

14. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy