Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hey everyone, I got the 30 gig Ipod video today, I'm worried about opening it cause in case Apple releases a newer today, tonight, (30th anniversary) tuesday...whenever, so should I keep it sealed till a certain day?

thanks

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
if you dont open it they wont realease anything new

but if you do open it they will, its how things work with apple

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Sam* said:
if you dont open it they wont realease anything new

but if you do open it they will, its how things work with apple

Yeah... definitely. :rolleyes:

Wait three or four days to open it. Then decide if you want to take your chances.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Jericho2550 said:
Hey everyone, I got the 30 gig Ipod video today, I'm worried about opening it cause in case Apple releases a newer today, tonight, (30th anniversary) tuesday...whenever, so should I keep it sealed till a certain day?

thanks

So why did you get it then? Even if they do release a new one, the 5g's would have been easy to find. I don't understand people who buy 300 dollar toys and have them sit there. I mean it's a music player and it does the job great.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
OMFG this is getting out of hand. Yes, open your new iPod and enjoy.

Or better yet if your really that scared about it being obsolete (hey it's left the store, it already is) then mail it to me and I'll actually use it since your afraid of it or something.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
Jericho2550 said:

thanks

Why did you buy it if you didn't want to open it? :confused:

You've just bought an amazing piece of technology for one good reason: because you wanted it. There is always something better around the corner, but right here, right now, the iPod is the best there is. Enjoy it.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
thequicksilver said:
Why did you buy it if you didn't want to open it? :confused:

You've just bought an amazing piece of technology for one good reason: because you wanted it. There is always something better around the corner, but right here, right now, the iPod is the best there is. Enjoy it.

well I bought it for my sister, it's her birthday today, so it's meaningful to actually have something today, I'm thinking of giving it to her but advise her to not open it till Tuesday, I know, I could have waited till tuesday to buy it for her, but again, it's her birthday and thought counts, she's always wanted an Ipod video, and a gift certificate is great, but not as thoughtful as getting something someone WANTS...that explains why I had to buy it today...:)

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Well if she really wanted the video ipod what difference does it make if a new one comes out? She wanted this one and hopefully she will enjoy it.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
This is insane. All you kids get hyped up on rumors and get pissed when they don't happen. Whether or not they make a new one soon, yours will still work just as well.

JUST OPEN IT, ENJOY IT, AND LIVE. Stop freaking out over all these stupid details in life. OMG WILL iLife 06 GET A SECURITY UPDATE TONIGHT I'd BETTER STAY HOME AND DISCUSS IT ON MR OMGOMG.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
if it makes you feel better...

If it makes you feel better I'm about to purchase a 60GB 5G iPod, knowing full well that a "ultra widescreen video bluetooth iPod / toaster" may be right around the corner. Why? I like the 5G, they work perfectly, and they've been in the market and the bugs are pretty much worked out.

My logic is enjoy your iPod, if you always sit around with the philosophy that "something" might be coming out soon and hold off your purchase, you'll never have a new iPod or Mac ever again because "something" will always be around the corner. Buy what you want and enjoy it now instead of chasing ghosts of what might come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.