iPhone Just got the 6, should I jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by heyyitssusan, Jan 31, 2015.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I know the obvious answer is going to be "of course!" but the reason why I ask is because my 5S is jailbroken right now and it's constantly hot, because I was told there was something running in the background.. not sure what it is. I just don't want the 6 to have the same issue.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It has to be your choice.

After having a jail broken iPhone before a stock version will seem restrictive to you now !

Take your time with downloading tweaks to control clashes etc.

Enjoy the journey.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a 5. It's jailbroken. I have many, many tweaks installed. It does not run hot.

I get better battery life with my jailbreak then I ever did stock. On both my old iOS 6 iPhone 5 and this one.

The only time my phone gets hot is if Location Services is out of control.

4. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Right? I've got a jailbroken iPod Touch as well, but I'm just curious as to why my 5S has gotten hot all of a sudden. Weird. And I barely use locaton services unless I know I need Google Maps or something.

5. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

I experienced a lot of app crashing when I jailbroke my phone for the first time. I tried it on the iPhone 6 and only had four apps installed and Safari crashed all the time and the battery was draining fast. I had to restore because it was too frustrating.

6. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6 128gb, the first thing I did when the Mac JB came out was JB this bad boy....I have around 40ish tweaks, no issues, runs just as it did when it wasn't JB.....

give it a go, worse thing that can happen is you restore........

7. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

That is a good point. I did say before if I had a 64GB I could JB and not have to worry about storage.. but because of the excessive battery drain on my 5S it's starting to make me wanna deal with stock. :(