Just Got the CS5 Master Suite, give me some cool ideas!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by flipster, Jul 11, 2011.

1. flipster macrumors 6502a

I'm a complete noob with the Master Collection besides Photoshop, but I'm going to learn!

Anyway, what are some cool things I could do these applications? Give me some ideas :)!

[​IMG]

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

You spent all that money on something you don't know what to do with? :rolleyes:

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Make money.

4. davedee65 macrumors regular

davedee65

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You can make a video that goes viral, becomes a social meme, and catapults you into fame and riches.

Ready?

Go!

6. AFPoster macrumors 65816

You know you could have just downloaded the trial (has full features) and just keep resetting the trial month...

7. blunti macrumors 6502a

maybe he dl'ed the whole package ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

9. AFPoster macrumors 65816

If you download the whole package as a trail you'll have full features still, but then again you might mean something else.

10. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Ya think? Hmmmm... unless they were rich, I doubt anyone would pay over $2000 for software if they didn't know what they were going to do with it. Just saying... :confused:

11. RebelScum macrumors 6502

Yon don't need anyone's help. You have Photoshop. You're a designer now.

'Cuz that's all it takes, apparently.

12. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I got out of the military and I receive Vocational Rehab which pays for anything you need / want in a 2 year period (your tax dollars at work). I haven't started receiving mine yet but when I do trust me I will be getting this software and anything else I feel I might want.

13. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

My school actually deals with graphic designing and photography. The kicker is that you need to have at least 2 years at the school before you can start taking classes, and I'm completing my second year when the season starts up again in September. They let you download the software early, so that's why I have it. Since I'm on summer break, I figured I might as well occupy some time and learn the ropes of it. So again my question stands, what are some simple, cool things you can do with these programs? :p

14. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Tax dollars I'm happy to pay, thank you :)

Use the money wisely though... I would advise a Lynda.com membership.

OP: Try some celestial art, get bored, forget about CS5.... ha

15. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I won't take advantage of what's given to me but I will make sure to get what I want.

16. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Wow, you must pay a hell of a tuition. I don't know of ANY school that allows you to have CS MASTER suite for free. My school required that we buy CS CREATIVE suite at a student discount, but we certainly didn't get it free, nor were we required to buy the whole master suite. Isn't that like over $1500 with a student discount?

What can you do with it? If you have to ask, then you probably aren't ready to use it. Maybe that is the best place for you to start? Research what each one of the programs do, then jump on lynda.com and let the fun begin. By the way, there is no way you are going to learn ALL of the programs over the rest of the summer. Pick one and go with that.

17. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

I had some friends at a local art school that had the CS5 master preinstalled on the MBPs that were "included" with tuition. ha.

OP: In all seriousness, if you really want to get any sort of grasp on anything, I would follow THX's advice. Get the Lynda membership and focus on one program. I would say Photoshop is the easiest/most common jumping-in point, not to mention the most practical for day-to-day.

Experiment, do tutorials, whatever. I got started by making "sigs" for forum members in Battlefield 1942 (PC) forums I participated in like 10 years ago. From there I started to make static websites with iframes and basic HTML/CSS just for fun and just build them locally, I never even hosted any!

I have learned 95% of what I know of the CS suite by myself or on the job. For what it's worth.

18. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, thanks for the responses guys!

I think I'm going to do it old school until I can take classes. Practice makes perfect, and I can always teach myself, which I think I'm going to actually do. Off to the tutorials!

19. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

Way less... Several hundred dollars depending on the school. And that is the individual price. If a school is buying hundreds of liscences they can probably get it cheaper.

20. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

I ---> :D <--- LOL'd and --->:rolleyes:<--- rolled!

Oh yeah... meant to say... just took delivery of my speedboat, but would someone show me how to drive it, please? :(

21. eUnique macrumors member

In OP's defense I will doing the exact same thing.

I know nothing about CS5 master suite, but I'm going to buy it for 600 (what a deal right) because I know there are thousands and thousands of less talented people making money on CS5. :cool:

2 cents

22. jegi macrumors newbie

Design a Vector Logo in Adobe Illustrator

Design a Vector Logo in Adobe Illustrator for my south of Boston-based, Ultimate Frisbee club team, the "Witness Protection Program." Must be vector only, no bitmaps.

Post it on this forum as a PDF.

Thank you for your service,
    J. Invencio

23. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

You have the master suite.

What else do you need? ;)

24. sweetie81 macrumors regular

Here's what I'll be doing, although no Master suite as I don't need that all.

Prepare a photo in Photoshop which then goes into InDesign to create a magazine which I'll be creating for my blog followers. This will then migrated into Dreamweaver for the website where the copy will go into Acrobat X which will then be sent as PDF via email distribution list.

As you've got the master suite you can also work with video and use flash for an even better web experience.

Pretty much everything is possible. Not sure if I can insert an InDesign file directly in Acrobat X?

25. AFPoster macrumors 65816

My school sells it for $342.01, I think that's pretty cheap.