Just got the iBook!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by aaron.lee2006, Mar 12, 2008.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

So I bought an iBook G3 off eBay so I can keep my MacBook Pro in the house from now on. I must say for what I will be using this thing for (word processing) this machine is very fast even for it's day. Yes it is only 800mhz but I am in love with this machine for the reasons I bought it for. It's small and can go with me anywhere. This is definately a great used mac. It runs office 2008 so I'm happy! Oh and of course it has a built in Airport card! :D

2. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Cool, eh! Mine just keeps chugging along with no problems. I keep thinking its gonna die one of these days and I'll sell it in marketplace for parts. But Noooo! Still runs like new and I can go over 4 hours on its battery surfing the net and listening to iTunes! Great machines! You done good.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Why did you buy a MBP if never going to take it outside? :confused:

4. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I take it with me when I need the power. Photography and other intensive tasks. And yah the battery can run over 4 hours as well. Great condition, just some scuff marks and scratches on the top. Can't complain! I love it.

And just for the record, many people buy laptops and never take them out. Some like the ability to move around the house with it, etc.

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I see :)

Hmm never met such people... Probably there are more of them in other countries

6. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

The way I see it, why take an expensive piece of equipment out, at the risk of damage when I can have this little iBook :)

7. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I had a 17" MacBook Pro tethered to a Cinema Display for a year before I sold it. It left my desk once in the year that I had it.

If you want a 30" cinema display and a Mac Pro is too expensive, then the MacBook Pro is your only choice. I didn't buy it because it was a laptop, and I never planned on using it as one.

8. krye macrumors 68000

krye

True, I'd kill myself if I scratched a $2800 laptop! When I sold my 17" MBP a year after I bought it, it looked like the day it came out of the box.

9. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I dented mine, that's why I got the idea to get the iBook :p

10. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I really loved my iBook that I am now selling in my profile. It was a great machine and completely happy with it. Now that I have my MBP though, its time to move on.

11. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

I know some people in high school who do this.
    One of my buddies has a really high end Alienware laptop. But he refuses to bring it to school due to the probability of it getting stolen or damaged. So he brings a really crappy old compac, that seems like its going to blow up or fall apart everytime I see it :p

12. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Congrats, I have an iBook G3 800mhz with the old airport card. It still kicks to this day. I think my only complaint about it was the HD is only 30GB. I need a minimum of 80GB for my iPod and other stuff I have.

PEES330, that's a great deal on that iBook G4.

13. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Same model iBook G3 I bought :p