Just got the iPad to try out before iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMattcotv, Mar 9, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

The first few hours of use have been really boring, but as i get more and more used to it, i find it more and more awesome.

I find typing on it pretty easy and fast, almost too fast actually..

Though the only thing i have found to be a bother, is my fingers get tired from constantly being held up and away from the screen, so that i don't accidentally hit other buttons while typing.

I find myself asking why I own one.. And thats a scary question to be asking... I havent really found a use for it besides just checking out cool apps like logmein, ink pad, music studio, and others.

I think that because I cant find a legit reason to keep using it, im going to take it back and not get the iPad 2

This is my 1/3 review of the ipad having used it since 3:30, 100% battery to now 67%

2. saving107, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

well if you need to find a reason to own one you probably shouldn't......return it and then keep reminding yourself why you returned it that way you can fight the urge to go rebuy it....good luck!

4. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

+1.

5. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

I don't think the iPad is meant to be the at home laptop replacement you might have hoped for.

I see it as a train/plane/airport/train station/car/class/work device (not literally work, but a device to supplement your work computer in the office).

I didn't own an iPad 1 and really want an iPad 2. I have an iPhone and MBP.

Here is how I see them fitting:

iPhone - location based services, phone calls/txts (obviously), music
    iPad - note taking/train/plane/car/bed/fun/browsing/work (same definition as above) computer
    MBP - more hardcore gaming, paper writing and editing

In all likelihood, I'll be replacing my MBP with a desktop and use my iPad for everything mobile.

6. ravenas macrumors regular

+1

The iPad is not meant for loads of typing or virtual computer use. It is a read/watch/listen device with light text input.

If you really must use it for lots of typing, then get a case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard. Turn it into a pseudo-netbook.

If you need to access lots of external storage (SD cards, portable HDD, etc.), then get a netbook and be done with it.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sounds like a smart decision.