Just got the IPAD2 (My first Apple device) NEED HELP...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LuisC, Aug 11, 2011.

1. LuisC macrumors newbie

My wife just gave me an IPAD 2 for as a wedding anniversary.

She has some music in her IPOD that she wants to share with me but I do not know how to get them into the computer and Ipad.

Also, how do we just synch what we want on our personal devices and not all of the items that we may not want from each other.

Thanks in advance.

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

with your wife's iPod plugged into iTunes, right click it and transfer purchases.

you will be able to pick and choose what you want on each device. iTunes will remember what goes on each device.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If the music is on her iPod and not the computer, you'll need to copy those from the iPod to the computer.

If you want to manually manage what you sync, plug in your iPad and look for the 'Summary' tab. Once there, check the box that says 'manually manage music and videos.' Once that is checked, you then can just drag what you want to the device instead of syncing it.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

You are probably going to have a bit of trouble the first few days, because it doesn't sound like you are familiar with iTunes, and the software can be a struggle. Frankly, iTunes kind of sucks in its current state. You'll get the hang of it, though.

Here is an annoying YouTube video. I am sure you can search around and find what you are looking for there. Especially in the case of iTunes, it is a lot easier to see what you ought to do with screenshots.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygOlQ8xq5g

5. LuisC thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that but it did not transfer the music. Or perhaps that I do not know where is putting it.

Thanks. I was trying to copy and past the music to the computer but not having luck. How is the music copied into the computer?

Yes. I have been struggling with Itunes for a couple of days. This is the first Apple anything i have, so I am not sure how to do anything.

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

please watch the video (or search around for one you prefer). it is so much easier that way. you can pretty much learn all you need to know in about 5 minutes.

7. LuisC, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

LuisC thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. I watched the video, but it shows how to transfer from Itunes to a device. I am looking at transfering from her Ipod to itunes then Ipad.

8. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN