Just got the last 2g ipod touch at Best Buy!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Sep 20, 2008.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Called this morning, they said they only had three of the 2g 16gb! Put one on hold and went to go check them out this afternoon! Everyone was around the ipod area and asking about the 16gb and 32gb touch. They were being told that there were no more left. I played with one on the display and just fell in love with it! Anyway, the guy was like, sorry theres none left and I was like I have one on hold!!!

I bought an ihome for it because they told me it would be be compatible but is it? How is Itunes 8 is it better? Haven't downloaded it yet because I have heard all these problems. The new docks and such are going to be out soon right?

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

had itunes 8 since it came out, ZERO issues at all. Download it

3. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I have had no problems with iTunes 8. I think it has more to do with people running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and earlier, because Apple lists it and the new iPods only working with Service Pack 3 or Vista.

4. Bladehntr macrumors newbie

I got the 32gb last Saturday at the Apple store. Its the coolest thing i think i've ever bought. Sold my 1st gen touch on ebay.
    Only thing i don't like is that it won't charge in my docking station, and the car charger doesn't work either.
    Apple told me they changed from firewire charging to usb. why they changed, i have no clue.

5. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

ihome does NOT work with it. Very frustrated as they told me it would work now have to go about 30 minutes or so to return hopefully tomorrow.

Have had no problems with iTunes 8 and am enjoying my lovely new toy.

It's horrible but I was smiling when they said there were no more and I knew I had mine on hold. lol.

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Yea thats the one thing I reallly hate about my new touch...my ipod dock on my speaker station cannot charge it...what is up with that?

7. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Which iHome do you have? I got my iPod Touch 2G last wednesday at my local apple store, and when i went home i tried it with my new iHome iH9, and it works perfectly.

8. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Supposedly the Ihome Ih8 and Ih9 both work with it.

9. neogeo8 macrumors newbie

Me too! Got the last 32 gig from the only best buy who had one within 30 miles! :D its awesome! :D

10. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

The ihome was one of the smaller ones, put the ipod in, pressed the button and nothing. Tried several times.