Just got the new RMBP. Your opinions needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alyshehata, Aug 13, 2012.

1. alyshehata macrumors member

Hey guys, I just got the baseline macbook pro. I actually got it to try it for 12 days or something then return it if not fully satisfied( and im really picky so I was positive this 2.2K would come back to me), and at first it was really laggy and awful. I was like WOAHH... this is definitely going back in a few days. But then I found out that I was running 10.7.4. So I decided to download ML, but it didn't work out for some reason so I took an appointment tomorrow to get it installed. However, I installed the 10.7 Retina update, and things went WAYYYY smoother. I'm still not sure whether I should return it and wait a few weeks and re-order, or whether I should keep it. Please consider the list below, and then tell me your opinion on what I should do.

Pros:
    -Perfect macbook. No dead pixels, no dents, no problems at all [samsung screen yaaay].
    -The thing is amazing, screen is beautiful, super fast, hdd space seems reasonable so far.
    - the machine feels nice, and its super super light to carry around. I love its portability.

Cons:
    - THE PRICE. I just moved to the US and after buying the laptop, I went with my family to furnish our apartment. We fully furnished it with reasonable furniture for $2,200. Which made me feel terrible about paying that much for it.
    - The keyboard is a little mushy. I remember with the old 13'' macbook the keyboard felt more "clicky" and used to dig in. No major complaint though since I still type pretty fast on it. It kinda feels like touch lol.
    -This isn't really a con, but looking at my old toshiba laptop now is a pain to my eye. Literally.

I'm debating on returning it and ordering another one in a few weeks since I don't urgently need it anytime soon. But at the same time, I don't want to risk a defected machine.

Also, would someone tell me how easy the return process is? Do they ask many questions and do they keep track of what you refunded so you can't buy it again? I'm new to the US so I'm kind of curious regardless of what your opinion is.

TLDR: Perfect retina, damn expensive. Return or Not?

2. dkersten macrumors 6502a

This isn't the answer you probably want but, only you can decide if you want to keep it.

3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

If you didn't NEED it at first then why did you buy it?

You might as well just keep it if your going to buy again.

4. alyshehata thread starter macrumors member

well, from my previous experiences, they usually do slight slight changes every now and then. So my gut tells me future shipments should perform better than current ones. I got it because I wanted to try it. If I fall in love with it, it stays, it not I could always return it. But now I don't know what to decide lol

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

so you dont actually need it and you feel stupid spending that much on it? if that doesn't answer your own question then theres nothing anyone here can do for you.

6. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

If you need a computer now, then why not keep it? If you weren't sure, then you should have gotten the regular MBP. You can sell it later on ebay and put that money towards next year's model if you're that hung up on it. If you return it now, all other screens are gonna look pretty ******, anyway :D

Only you can decide what is right for you. You already called it perfect, so what else could you ask for?

7. flipnap macrumors 6502

you mentioned price a few times. thats a clear indicator that you shouldnt be spending that kind of money. return it.