Just got the new wired keyboard... have a few questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by furryrabidbunny, Sep 28, 2007.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

My first question is regarding the build of it. Should there be a noticable arch to the keyboard at certain angles?

Second question is regarding an astrek on the apple website I didn't see till now... why is a brand new iMac a requirement to use the usb 2.0 hubs on the keyboard with an ipod? My imac is well capable of usb 2.0, and I don't believe any standards change in the past year.

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking why you have to connect your iPod to the keyboard? You don't. You can connect it to the iMac directly. (In fact, I don't even know if you can connect it to the keyboard, I don't think it is powered) Could you clarify?

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

i think it has something to do with a powered usb 2.0????? because i know when you plugged your ipod into the ports on the old keyboards it said "please plug into a powered port" or something to that nature. so maybe the new iMacs send enough power through the port to run higher power things off the keyboard

4. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I wanted to find out if i could plug my ipod into the keyboard... it just seems odd that only the new imacs can send enought power to the keyboard. I'll just have to try it one day and find out if it works.

5. Praeliber macrumors newbie