just got the "Preparing for Shipment'' update. Anyone else?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Preparing for Dispatch here, I thought launch day units would've already been in the country of delivery.
They usually are, they'll probably be shipped early next week and held with Fedex until Friday.

Mine's moved to preparing for dispatch

Reactions: Geert76

paulmadejong

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
Netherlands
Same here in NL, preparing for Shipment. iPhone X SG 64GB.

Ordered through Apple Store App on 9.02 (website was still not up for me at the time) and confirmation e-mail received on 9.04.

First time for me to order though first batch pre-order so I am curious to see how progress of the order will proceed in the next few days. And more specifically, which delivery company will be assigned to mine (UPS or TNT)

Reactions: Geert76

rrjr80

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Preparing for Dispatch here, I thought launch day units would've already been in the country of delivery.
They usually are, they'll probably be shipped early next week and held with Fedex until Friday.

Mine's moved to preparing for dispatch
Really? I feel like mine is always coming from China and I got one on launch nearly every year.

EDIT: Fixed quote

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
That’s pretty rare. We usually do not see movement until Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Mr_Xer0

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2017
Las Vegas
I got the text message from AT&T to let me know my order was ready and it directed me to their site to track the status which said it's preparing for shipment.

What sucked is I was on my phone opening and closing at 2358 PDT and couldn't get into the Apple Store App. I opened my AT&T App, nothing. My buddy was trying along side me, he finally got frustrated with the Apple Stire App too and used ha Verizon App and instantly had is order placed. Meanwhile AT&T had me waiting in a "line" for 20min until it was my turn. This was at 0005 hours PDT. So annoying but yeah, managed to get my phone confirmed and now Apple just emailed me saying I have a phone reserved with them, lol geezus now I'm debating if I should go ahead and by that one too.