Just got this baby - which one should I sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by peapody, Feb 7, 2009.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Just got this really nice Asus Vx2 - and now I am contemplating selling my trusty MBP!

Which one would you keep? They have comparable specs, but as apple care dwindles on mine, and the resale value diminishes, this Asus has lifetime warranty (for me) and upgradable in the future.

I personally think it looks sooo nice. More pics to come.

Attached Files:

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I actually sold one of those on ebay for a friend, they're not good laptops, your MBP is much better, regardless of spec....

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As I'm a switcher since last April - when I bought my splendid MBP - my advice is fairly obvious; stick with the MBP, it's a better computer.

Cheers and god luck

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It looks so bulky ... I switched in October and can't go back to the HUGE chunky pc laptops...

5. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

I vote MBP.

That ASUS has a bunch of fake carbon fibre in it and it's just trying too hard. Haha, I'd be happier with an MBP, I think. Care to post the specs?

And is that a Lamborghini logo?!

I remember Acer doing the Ferrari laptop!

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Did you get the Vx2, or newer Vx3?

It's supposed to be a very nice laptop. If you like Windows as much as OS X, I guess the Asus would be worth keeping.

I'd base my entire decision on your preferred OS. If you can, install Windows 7.

7. Whiteman007 macrumors member

My vote goes to the computer that can run OS X and windows.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The MBP, of course. I thought this was a joke for a minute (still sort of think it's a joke). The MBP looks way better than that thing, and it runs both Windows and OS X!

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

those specs will mean nothing once windows starts getting all bloated and bogged down with spyware and registry crap. keep the MBP

11. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Sell them both and buy a new MacBook Pro. I guess it depends on values, but I would think you could sell both and buy a new MBP and AppleCare which would give you a three year warranty with a brand new Mac which runs OS X.

Wouldn't it suck to go back to Windows...

12. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

The ASUS Lambo Laptops are nice, to look at, but seriously, you will have pretty much 0 battery life, and really loud fans in a years time.

Keep the MacBook Pro.

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

mac osx ftw! i switched last october for a new mbp

14. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Haha I figured I would get this response pretty much. Maybe I should have asked on more neutral grounds.

I love my MBP, but I am not close minded to what other manufacturers can bring to the table. After research, the lambo would bring me more $$ than the MBP, while with the MBP I get to at least keep OSX. =) I guess I know what I'm going to do!

15. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

So it is lamborghini. That's tacky, it has absolutely no relation to the brilliant car manufacturer except some royalties and the rights to the name.

Cool.

16. Theophany macrumors 6502a

Theophany

Man, I love my Macs but if somebody gave me a freaking Lambo laptop (the one with leather upholstery too? How brilliantly fricking decadent! :D) I would have to ask the question too!!

Thing is, resale value on a brand new Lambo lappy is going to be way higher than a year-old MBP. If the money matters, sell the Lambo.

17. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Since you're on a Mac forum, it's pretty obvious what answer you'll get :p

PS: keep the mbp!

18. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Haha I guess I thought that you know...Mac lovers are objective..my bad haha. I thought people are just technology lovers. Could be so though!

The lambo....well it is pretty nice. I actually have the unit in my hands, and while its not simple and clean like my MBP, I have to say...it's pretty slick. You got to see it in person.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There are no neutral grounds. You post here you get favoritism towards OSX, you post in a windows forum you'll see Windows favored. Post on a forum not geared towards any particular OS ... maybe that'll work.
    I think if both machines have the same specs and run exactly the same regardless of OS then keep the one you like most. I personally do not believe that two machines side by side with the same specs, one running windows and the other running OSX, are going to perform exactly the same. I say keep whichever computer does what you need it to ... best. If you do not need OSX but need windows then no sense in keeping the MBP. If you want both ... well then you know the answer.