Just got touch now i need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fuimalexis23, Dec 12, 2008.

1. fuimalexis23 macrumors newbie

Hey this is my first post.

I just got my touch this morning and i have a few questions.

First is there a way to add cover art if itunes cant find it?

Second is there a way other then playlist to group songs by the same artist together.

Third is there anyway to get rid of apps that came with the touch already, such as the stocks and contact app. the thing isnt a phone why do i need that app.

Thank You

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can copy the album art from somewhere like amazon and paste it into the artwork tab if you right click on the songs and pick get info. You can paste it there.

Once again under the more info option you can choose choose the part of a compilation option.

And unless you jailbreak you can't hide/delete any of the stock apps.

3. tweeze27 macrumors newbie

You can copy the album art from somewhere like amazon and paste it into the artwork tab

yes if you don't like i tunes download media monkey its way easier and i never have problems with that program what so ever

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

When I got my first Touch, folks here led to me two websites that have ONLY album art, but I lost the URLs in a crash.

While Amazon is great for album art, I also find Google Images to be great, and you often find a better scan of the album art than on amazon.

As for the Contacts app, I use it often as I synched that part of my touch with my work computer's Outlook, so I have all my contacts phone numbers and email addresses etc handy (I have work AND home contacts on my work PC), so I can easily grab either even though the Touch is not a phone.

Mike

5. fuimalexis23 thread starter macrumors newbie

PC.

Thanks anyone for the help. When I go to amazon to copy and paste should I do it on the ipod or on my laptop.

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

From the laptop then copy art>iTunes>Song>get info>art>paste

7. pilotrtc macrumors regular

You may want to consider searching on VersionTracker for "Album Art". I did and found (for the Mac platform) an excellent free application that does a better job of getting album art than iTunes did. It is called Album Artwork Assistant but, like I said, is for the Mac.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10904402

You may have luck searching for a similar application for the PC.

8. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Same here, and its usually quicker too.

9. darkmeton macrumors member

For PC the best solution is mp3Tag. Can multiple select files and drag-and-drop the artwork in the artwork field. Then Save and you are done. All the files have the album artwork.

iTunes actually doesn't add the artwork as a Tag. It just shows it. If you transfer your songs to another PC the artwork WILL NOT be there. The best way is to add it as Tag.

10. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Album art

Thanks to who ever came up with this simple solution....just a quick copy and paste.