Just got used 3gs is it safe to use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shogun25, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Shogun25 macrumors newbie

first off i live in the USA.
    i recently got a iphone 3gs n idk if its safe to use.
    i got it for a ipod touch2g n $20, i restored it jailbroke it 3 times(cuz i kept doing it wrong) than restored it again cuz the jailbrake was untethered.
    So im asking would i be able to use it? i made calls on it by putting my girls at&t chip in it but the kid i got it from had it for t-mobile which now makes me think i was stolen before but idk the kid a good kid in school but who knows out. am i screwed with a nice lookin ipod or can i use it as a phone?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

no you better send it to me........lol you should be able to use the phone if your on At&t. if he was on T~Mobile it was already jailbroke and unlocked. by doing the restore you just messed it up. at this minute the only jailbreak you can do on it is a tethered one and you can unlock it using the iPad base band. you will need to download redsnow to do this. there may be another jailbreak coming out very soon if you can wait. and just because he was on T~Mobile does not mean the phone was stolen. you just need to learn a little about the iPhones and you will be fine.

3. Shogun25 thread starter macrumors newbie

:) i would if u send me a windows7 phone. but ive been reading on this site about imei n it got me 2 were i dont wanna check it cuz if the imei is blacklised(idk if thats right) im a b hit with the law 2 ways, 1- buyin somthing stolen n 2- for beating up the kid that traded me