Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
I like FPS just fine. As a matter of fact, it's what I play most. But after playing the masterpiece called COD 4 it was hard to like Warhawk. I bought Burnout for a change of pace. Burnout is a superior game to Warhawk, albeit a different genre. (at least I got a Bluetooth headset out of the deal, so it wasn't a total waste) ;)

Same experience here. I've been playing COD4 on my PS3 way too much for a couple of months, and I found I couldn't make the leap to Warhawk.

The controls and the UI of Warhawk seem very clumsy and inexact. Compared to COD4, Warhawk felt like I was playing in molasses. Aiming in COD4 is fairly precise and quick, where Warhawk seems heavy and cumbersome.

Also I found the experience of playing on those huge Warhawk maps to be a drag. To each his own and I'm not really saying Warhawk sucks. I'm just saying it sucked for me. There's a difference, you know... ;)

Saar

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
I like Warhawk and COD4 but for very different reasons.

The controls and the UI of Warhawk seem very clumsy and inexact. Compared to COD4, Warhawk felt like I was playing in molasses. Aiming in COD4 is fairly precise and quick, where Warhawk seems heavy and cumbersome.

I agree completely. I cannot switch from playing COD4 to Warhawk with out being slaughtered. It's like I have to pick one or the other and spend the day playing just that game.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Same experience here. I've been playing COD4 on my PS3 way too much for a couple of months, and I found I couldn't make the leap to Warhawk.

Also I found the experience of playing on those huge Warhawk maps to be a drag. To each his own and I'm not really saying Warhawk sucks. I'm just saying it sucked for me. There's a difference, you know... ;)

Agreed. I just tried Warhawk for the first time and found it very hard to play. Granted I've got about 3 days with COD4 and 45 minutes with Warhawk so it will get better.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Looks like a massive update is about to hit soon:

- trophies
- custom soundtrack
- new map ("Tau Crater")
- ...jetpacks!!!

(found at ps3fanboy.com)

I have one question though. I bought both extensions, but I can hardly seem to find servers that are using the two new maps (and vehicles). I usually play "Zones" on the official (European) servers, and it's always just the five stock maps in rotation. Do I need to do something different? How do I find a server with the new maps in rotation as well?

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Trophy patch is now available! And the new booster pack (new map / jetpacks) is coming today/tomorrow.

Too bad I won't have time to play at all until next week...

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
but I can hardly seem to find servers that are using the two new maps (and vehicles)

It isn't that hard. I usually just play and sometimes in a rotation either a map with new vehicles pops up or a new map does. I can't wait for the jetpacks! They are going to rock. I've got 11 Warhawk trophies. Even my first gold (host a dedicated server for 4 hours :p).

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I got several trophies without even trying but the other ones seems really hard to pull off...oh well.

There is a lot of people on the servers tonight.....Theres always a lot of people on but 90% of the servers were full when I was on.

Bless

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I got a few trophies by accident last night, too.

One of the unexpected ones was "Anti Air Ninja"....not sure how, I think I killed a Warhawk with a mine.

And I got "Vengeance", that was pretty cool.

"Daredevil" was easy - just drive off a cliff! :)

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Oh, and the new map is actually pretty cool. A lot smaller than I expected, but that kinda makes it fun.

Still gotta learn how to use the jetpacks effectively though. People were totally kicking my ass with them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.