Just had the most odd little glitch !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dangerous Theory, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

This is very trivial, but sort of weirded me out:

I just clicked the unlock button on my iPad2 and glanced to the to the top, where I noticed it displayed 02-UK for half a second then switched back to 3.

Now my iPad is carrier locked to Three, has a Three sim in it and has never had an O2 one in it. I just thought it was the strangest little glitch.

Don't suppose anyone has seen this before? Lol!

2. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Maybe roaming? Or tried to register on a different network?

3. Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm in my house. The most logical thing I can think of is that the O2 and Three networks interfered with each other for a second, and caused confusion. It don't see how the iPad would think to go to O2 when it's locked with Three.

4. biohead macrumors 6502

At one point, Three had a roaming agreement with O2, to provide backup 2G coverage whilst their 3G network was in it's infancy... but that was years ago! They have since changed their partners to Orange (and so subsequently Orange/T-Mobile) and the backup is now being disabled throughout the country as 3G coverage is almost everywhere on 3.

I know this information doesn't really aid with this situation... but maybe, just maybe, you're on a mast that still somehow transfers you off to O2 :confused:

5. Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I think that's useful information. I guess there was some redundant data somewhere in the chain that randomly made itself available lol. I couldn't even begin to understand it. Just one of those really strange thing that occurs and makes you think "what the hell?" Haha!